Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button suggestions for dark blue seersucker?

nightcruller

New in Town
Hi lounge,

I recently got a fantastic navy blue and black-striped seersucker jacket from Haspel. I love almost everything about it --the fit is great, it's partially-lined and very cool, it has the maximum possible seersucker crinkle, and it can essentially function as a blue blazer for business casual purposes:

vieux-carre.jpg

The one thing I don't love is Haspel's choice of button, which is a cheap black plastic with the name "Haspel" on it, which seems like an afterthought and doesn't really do anything for the overall look. Fortunately buttons are easy to replace, so that's what I'm going to do... but what style and color?

My first thought was a cream buffalo horn, maybe something like this, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has ideas to really make it pop. FWIW, I only got the jacket, but might also get the pants at some point if they ever have my size back in stock, so I'd prefer not to go with metal buttons.

PeterB

One of the Regulars
Hi lounge,

I recently got a fantastic navy blue and black-striped seersucker jacket from Haspel. I love almost everything about it --the fit is great, it's partially-lined and very cool, it has the maximum possible seersucker crinkle, and it can essentially function as a blue blazer for business casual purposes:

View attachment 538636

The one thing I don't love is Haspel's choice of button, which is a cheap black plastic with the name "Haspel" on it, which seems like an afterthought and doesn't really do anything for the overall look. Fortunately buttons are easy to replace, so that's what I'm going to do... but what style and color?

My first thought was a cream buffalo horn, maybe something like this, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has ideas to really make it pop. FWIW, I only got the jacket, but might also get the pants at some point if they ever have my size back in stock, so I'd prefer not to go with metal buttons.
I think cream buttons might be a bit too much of a contrast but mid grey could work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner