Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buttons: Bakelite or Animal Horn.

Doug C

Practically Family
Hello all, I need to get some buttons for a leather jacket I have and am looking for vintage ones or vintage look alike. Really I'd rather just order from a place that keeps 'em in stock rather than search the countless button auctions. BUt what I want are either Bakelite (originals) the creamy yellow or a set of horn buttons where the base color is light and the swirl parts are darker (maybe amber). I want a fairly light colored set to stand out against the dark leather. Where can I get some of these, they probably need to be an inch or so wide. Any ideas? Thanks!

Doug C

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted

Doug C

Practically Family
Tomasso, thanks for the links.. that first one had a button I really liked. Also, you reminded me that over the weekend I examined a military looking jacket on the sale rack at Banana Republic that had the perfect buttons..the jacket was $35 or so, which I didn't have on me at the time (and too many jackets already). They were a creamy color with grey swirling though out.. I doubt they still have it but I may run out and check it out.

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran