Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson's A-2 repro. of the Aero 21996

Edward

Bartender
Fantastic looking jacket. Buzz and the other Japanese firms make fantastic stuff, if only it wasn't so expensive. I love the look of the lighter-than-seal colour with the rust knits, great combination. Eventually I want a russet A2 with the red knits - not a combo Aero actually produced back in the day, but a sharp look nonetheless.

What are the trousers you're wearing in the photos in the first three picture in the OP?

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Fantastic looking jacket. Buzz and the other Japanese firms make fantastic stuff, if only it wasn't so expensive. I love the look of the lighter-than-seal colour with the rust knits, great combination. Eventually I want a russet A2 with the red knits - not a combo Aero actually produced back in the day, but a sharp look nonetheless.

What are the trousers you're wearing in the photos in the first three picture in the OP?

Thanks, Edward and Paddy. I do like this combination of knits and hide color. At first, I wasn't sure, but it's grown on me. The trousers I am wearing in the original post are RRL utility trousers. They're a great high-waisted pair of chinos.

Last edited:

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Finally got some pics of the jacket taken outdoors. Just a couple to give a better idea of the fit and hide coloration. Please excuse the funny face by the lake; we were camping and I had not had my coffee yet.

Also, I couldn't resist, here are some shots from Halloween with the jacket and the whole shebang. I live in NYC, and I kid you not, my girl and I were walking out of the subway dressed in our costumes, when all of a sudden from behind I heard someone screaming, "Yankee Airman, you die now!" I turned and found the driver of the subway train sticking his head out the window, hand gripped on the controls, fiercely squinting, and wearing the flight suit and headgear of a WWII Japanese kamikaze....

DSCF5842.jpg

DSCF5820.jpg

DSCF6059.jpg

DSCF6060.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
To be honest, I haven't fell for the A2 yet, but the way your jacket fits is perfect in my eyes. I could easily fall for an A2 that fit me like that. The problem is I'm married and if I spent $1500 on a leather jacket, my wife would arrange for me to fall in a deep pit somewhere and never be found.

To be honest, I haven't fell for the A2 yet, but the way your jacket fits is perfect in my eyes. I could easily fall for an A2 that fit me like that. The problem is I'm married and if I spent $1500 on a leather jacket, my wife would arrange for me to fall in a deep pit somewhere and never be found.

If those pics don't get you excited for an A2 then you're sunk. And BTW, you don't need to spend $1500 to get a great A2.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello damienweaver;

That A-2 was made for you and only you. Great fit and the HH is just fabulous.
You're right, a couple of years of wear and it will be the twin to your original.
It's good to see a younger guy take such an interest in the A-2 jacket............my compliments, Sir!
You and your girlfriend have just lit up the Outerwear section.

Best regards,
coffee

kampkatz

Practically Family
Grayland,
If you do some serious comparisons you can find the "perfect" fit without breaking the bank. For half of what the BR costs you can be well satisfied. Try e-bay first for some ideas. Good luck.

To my eye, it fits perfectly. I wore my ELC 1401P today, and it felt like a sack!

(Of course, it is two sizes too big now...)

Sucks doesn't it? I was so happy to lose weight, but I have to sell jackets and replenish my whole closet. On a positive note, others have got good deals on my jackets (barely used) and I get to look for new things. Luckily, I was able to alter my Aero order before it was made :)
Otherwise, I'd have a new, expensive, 6-month waited for parachute lol

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Hey Damian, sorry to drag up an old thread, but love the jacket, just got myself an L.W A-2 great jacket, not big on the details though. I was wondering if you could tell me what the trousers your wearing in the first photos with the patch pockets? are they military?

thanks

Edward

Bartender
Hey Damian, sorry to drag up an old thread, but love the jacket, just got myself an L.W A-2 great jacket, not big on the details though. I was wondering if you could tell me what the trousers your wearing in the first photos with the patch pockets? are they military?

thanks

Answered in this post, above:

Thanks, Edward and Paddy. I do like this combination of knits and hide color. At first, I wasn't sure, but it's grown on me. The trousers I am wearing in the original post are RRL utility trousers. They're a great high-waisted pair of chinos.

AFAIK, RRL are one of the Ralph Lauren brands, though these are clearly military-inspired.

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
Hey Damien, great pics great jacket. Do you any notion of how heavy the jacket is I'm comparison with an Aero repro in HH? Looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn