Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson's MA-1 Flying Jacket, Blazing Red

Big J

Call Me a Cab
For some reason, I just can't see me wearing a NASA repro. I don't know why. It's a mystery.
But a blue L-2a and a red MA-1 are on the wish list for sure!

@Stand By, ooh, you're taking me back now. I'm going to go listen to Joy Division, and some early New Order.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Ok, Stand By, it's once, twice, three strikes and you're out! A TFL member and repeat customer has contacted me so as to jump on the return MA-1, so now we indeed only have one size left: XL.

These red MA-1's have really blown through and I hope they are offered again in 2018.

daveoflondon

New in Town
i now own one of these and its a beauty

stumbled on a pic of one on the history preservation website and contacted them, to no avail, they are rare as hens teeth.
done a image search and it came back with loads of hits in japanese, so i then searched cutting and pasting the japanese and loads of hits came up

i had to set up and account with amazon japan and took a gamble, i was worried about size and whether it might arrive covered in patches

it was 52000 yen or £390 and took 2 weeks to arrive, plus £33 payable for taxes

very happy, colour really pops, the green lining is lush, overall quality is excellent. coat is very heavy too, looking forwards to the cooler weather

daveoflondon

New in Town
0c2ba9790ee46647ed9142c42af81b7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@daveoflondon,

Thanks for posting that! It's the only pic that really shows how bright that red is. Every promo shot under professional lighting messes up the color and makes it look duller than it really is.
Did you take that in natural light?

daveoflondon

New in Town
yes, a sunny day too, iphone camera not great, but it really is a beautiful red (if you like red), its hard to describe, not just red.

i got it from Rodeo Bros in Tokyo on their amazon shop

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Nah, that first picture is excellent. Could be my display settings, not your picture quality, but the green lining perfectly matches the lining of my BR MA-1s, so I'm happy with the pic colors.
I'm gonna get me one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points