Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal Leather restored. Any suggestions?

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Hi loungers, many asked me to post the CAL I've bought a few weeks ago...I was just waiting for my Pecard to arrive and let it soak properly....I really love this piece, I think it's a keeper (Serval front zip, Talon on the sleeves)
C1.jpg
C2.jpg
C3.jpg
C4.jpg
C5.jpg
C6.jpg
C7.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hi loungers, many asked me to post the CAL I've bought a few weeks ago...I was just waiting for my Pecard to arrive and let it soak properly....I really love this piece, I think it's a keeper (Serval front zip, Talon on the sleeves) View attachment 524858 View attachment 524859 View attachment 524860 View attachment 524861 View attachment 524862 View attachment 524863 View attachment 524864
Very nice jacket. Personally, I no longer use pecards because I feel that is mainly a waterproofers. I also do not like its effect on cotton thread. Conditioning has been discussed thoroughly in the forum and there is great information. The friends at Cal Leathers use Skidmore's for their leather. Personally, I also use it, but I add my own ingredient to the mix.

You did very well with the jacket.

Last edited:

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Very nice jacket. Personally, I no longer use pecards because I feel that is mainly a waterproofers. I also do not like its effect on cotton thread. Conditioning has been discussed thoroughly in the forum and there is great information. The friends at Cal Leathers use Skidmore's for their leather. Personally, I also use it, but I add my own ingredient to the mix.

You did very well with the jacket.
Thank you. I have used Pecard for vintage leathers and I have to say that it's been pretty effective...The once cardboard dry leather is now soft and buttery...I couldn't imagine a better result. But I will try Skidmore as well!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Looks very nice - and the belt looks good on there too.
The straight-zip Cal I'm working on has taken three applications of Urad Tenderly and still needs a few more (moisture). It was also quite dry and farily stiff as well. Then I plan to give it a finish off with standard Urad.
There are a lot of great products out there for finishing/restoring jackets. Glad you found something to give this great Cal new life!

Leigh H

Practically Family
I'd use Urad Tenderly, like said above, its great for softening and removing stiffness and then pecards great for when your leather drying out and needs moisture. Both great products,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner