Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal Leather & Serval zip. Is it ok?

Albe64

One of the Regulars
I have a Cal Leather with a Serval central cross zip and talon zips on the sleeves (chain zips on the pockets)...May I assume that thery are all original? Why did Cal use different zip's brands in the same jacket? Thank you for your help!
20230523_213231.jpg

I have a Cal Leather with a Serval central cross zip and talon zips on the sleeves (chain zips on the pockets)...May I assume that thery are all original? Why did Cal use different zip's brands in the same jacket? Thank you for your help!
View attachment 519683
I've had Cal's with Serval, unbranded paperclip and Talon. I suspect they just went with what was available for a batch production.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Thank you. Frankly I was hoping in an answer like this....Happy to know that my Cal could be all original

Leather Walker

Practically Family
View attachment 519683
I have a Cal with #10 Talon zipper and Serval on the cuffs, another with Serval as main zip and Talon of cuffs, and other with all Talon (cuffs and pockets) but the big one was replaced by YKK :')
So, yes, yours is original. You can determine the period of making by the hardware, so I guess this Cal was made in the early 70s.
Show that jacket! Looks like fantastic.

Albe64

One of the Regulars
I have a Cal with #10 Talon zipper and Serval on the cuffs, another with Serval as main zip and Talon of cuffs, and other with all Talon (cuffs and pockets) but the big one was replaced by YKK :')
So, yes, yours is original. You can determine the period of making by the hardware, so I guess this Cal was made in the early 70s.
Show that jacket! Looks like fantastic.
Thank you! I will show some pics in short time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy