Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal Leather Straight-zip - 42

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Another Catch & Release, this one simply too small for me. I took a chance on a minimal detail ebay find, but it was still nice to have this one in hand. I can see why these straight-zips are quite sought after. The (possibly Horsehide) leather on this jacket has fantastic graining and creasing, especially in the sleeve areas. There is no label. The sleeves have the "fur" inserts near the end suggesting it is a Cal. It seems to have been re-lined at some point, or it's the original lining and it just lasted very well.

I will be giving this jacket a treatment of Urad Tenderly prior to shipment, it could use a little conditioning. Live the Vanson I have for sale, it's rather firm of hand and Quite Thick of leather. This jacket has no odors, stains, rips of seams/stitching out of place. It is a solid jacket, with snaps in place around the collar (and on each upper front shoulder of the jacket) for a fur collar, which is not included.

This jacket fits "smaller" than the measurements suggest, I would place it as a roomy "40" or a snug 42. With the side laces pulled out, I could zip it up, but just barely and not comfortable at all.

Asking $375 Shipped CONUS - international at actual cost - Pay Pal only please.

Dimensions -
Pit to Pit - 22.5"
Shoulder - 19"
Back - 25"
Sleeve - 24.25"
Waist - 21"

Some additional details here...

The zipper is replaced and properly installed, as I received it the zipper was off-set one side to the other, so it didn't line up quite right. (Botched first zipper replacement). Here is what it looked like before:

Cal_Main Zip offset_01.JPG Cal_Main zipper_offset.JPG

Here is what it looks like now - lines up correctly -

DSC_0882.JPG

The LH sleeve pocket zipper slider comes off it's track, just letting all of us here know this.

DSC_0883.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG
DSC_0888.JPG
DSC_0889.JPG
DSC_0890.JPG
DSC_0890.JPG
DSC_0885.JPG

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Due to some bills I didn't quite expect from travel - this is back up for sale. I'll be sad to see it go, but sometimes sacrifices are needed.

$375 Shipped CONUS - Pay Pal

Nacho

Practically Family
I love the jacket, but I also love the green Weber kettle you have in the background. That thing can really cook some amazing meat. :cool:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So this jacket is sold & will ship out just a bit to the south of me tomorrow morning.

I love the jacket, but I also love the green Weber kettle you have in the background. That thing can really cook some amazing meat. :cool:

Interestingly, i just gave this grill to a co-worker. It was gifted to me a few years back. I liked it, but found myself rarely using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner