Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calvin Klein underwear...

Doug C

Practically Family
OK, I know this isn't a vintage subject but, I figured you guys might know... so, I was thinking of updating my underwear drawer and thought I'd splurge on some Calvin Klein boxer briefs... always liked them but passed on them in the past because of price. But I noticed that their are some pretty good deals to be had on ebay but most come from China. That can be a scarry proposition, So has anyone hear had good experience getting these from a particular seller? Or know of a good outlet for them. Or have another suggestion for good undies?

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
Those are very nice Fredells I especially like their boxer-brief (which is what I'm after at the moment) but there doesn't seem to be a US contact and I fear the prices are steep from the look of the website :D . Heck it made me want a pair of long johns now :eek: .

Doug C

Fredells

New in Town
Doug C said:
Those are very nice Fredells I especially like their boxer-brief (which is what I'm after at the moment) but there doesn't seem to be a US contact and I fear the prices are steep from the look of the website :D . Heck it made me want a pair of long johns now :eek: .

Doug C

Price is approx 30 us dollars i think..

Let me know if you need help shipping from Sweden.

Regards

Edward

Bartender
I should like to stress that the following is an informed opinion rather than an expression of any political prejudice. I would be reluctant to purchase goods from ebay via China as that country is the world leader in the production of counterfeit goods. It is entirely possible that the seller you are looking at could be legitimate (I think, from memory, CK underwear is manufactured in that part of the world?), but it is a gamble.

Some years ago, I did myself purchase a bulk package of CK shorts from a UK based seller; they worked out at about GBP4.50 a pair (including postage) at a point in time when the same CKs were GBP15.00 in the shops. Bargains are out there. I would suggest, again from experience, that you avoid the design with button closure in favour of a 'flap' type; In my experience, the buttons become less reliable over time as to cotton button hole distorts with washing.

Doug C

Practically Family
Thanks Edward, I hadn't pulled the trigger on any yet but I have placed some in my watch list from a seller from pennsylvania (so it says). Your point's a good one though, when I get time I may cycle through all the adds and see if there are anymore US based ones. There are like 10 pages of adds though and of course most are not even the specific models I like, so. Anything to save a dime, I guess ;)

Doug C

Edward

Bartender
Hy, makes sense to me - I'm all for saving money on decent basics when it comes to underwear - save the splurging for garments that can actually be seen, eh? lol

sian kisses

One of the Regulars
Sorry to be on a man's thread, but my boyfriend wears these and for UK peeps, they are cheap in TK Maxx, about £7 - £10 depending on colour. Also ASOS.com do them, not sure how much though.

Hope this helps.

x

Edward

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
Does the underwear need to be branded? CK doesn't make particularly special underwear, when compared to other, much cheaper sellers.

IIRC, CK had gone over to the horrors of polycotton or some other such filthy blend. :eek: BHS sale 4 pair 100% cotton boxer briefs for 7.99 GBP

bk

I'm very partial to Marksies, myself. :) While I do find I rather like a lot of the CK stuff, I agree that they're not necessarily superior to such "off-brand" alternatives.

Doug C

Practically Family
bk wrote:
IIRC, CK had gone over to the horrors of polycotton or some other such filthy blend. BHS sale 4 pair 100% cotton boxer briefs for 7.99 GBP

right, and it's another reason that the ebay aspect of this question is made more difficult - because what I'm really after is the all cotton "trunk" (which is a slightly shorter legged boxer brief). BHS, I've never heard of this company... you got a link?

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
edward wrote:
I agree that they're not necessarily superior to such "off-brand" alternatives.

Yes, I agree also... I was in Target last night and they actually carry some pretty nice choices, even a brand called "Evolve" IIRC, that is actually made by the 2-Xist company who are also maker's of "up-scale" undies :eek: . I liked them alot and may just go with them, however the CK off ebay would still be cheaper and I know it's not a great reason to buy a particular brand but Calvin Klein do have a certain reputation for good classic underwear regardless of where it's made, that the off brands lack.

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
Sian Kisses wrote:
they are cheap in TK Maxx, about £7 - £10 depending on colour.

thanks for the tip sian, there is a tj maxx not far from me.. I suppose a trip over there is in order.

Doug C

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
They seem to work for me. I am a huge fan of CK's boxer briefs. Macy's currently has them on sale for $10 for a 2 pack, so I stocked up big time!

I also like the Gap's stretch T-shirts, which is about the only thing I like from the Gap. The stretch T-shirts fit tightly and are not the least bit blousy, which works perfectly with tailored shirts. Also, the little bit of spandex helps to retain the vivid white, which appeals to my OCD tendencies. :)

Doug C

Practically Family
H.J. wrote:
Macy's currently has them on sale for $10 for a 2 pack, so I stocked up big time!

Maybe that particular deal is just an in-store thing, I looked at their site and couldn't find it, though there are some lesser bargains to be had for a bulk purchase. Thanks for the tip.

Doug C

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Another good brand of boxer briefs is the J.C. Penney store brand Stafford. They run sales on them fairly regularly. I've been wearing them for awhile. Boxer briefs and trunks are 95% cotton, 5% spandex. Apparently that's what makes them form fitting.

The other day in Target I noticed they carried both the Evolve and Champion brands. I may try one or both one of these days.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doug C said:
H.J. wrote:

Maybe that particular deal is just an in-store thing, I looked at their site and couldn't find it, though there are some lesser bargains to be had for a bulk purchase. Thanks for the tip.

Doug C
It was. Virtually, the entire store was on sale. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany