Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown '1957 Legend'...Excited About It!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Oh I know he'll get the pics up...I'm just anxious to see them. I bet Ken's a mess with the new baby in the house...Been there...done that...:D

I figure he is at that. But with the message from Stuart at the factory, it looks like we'll see something sooner rather than later. :) Anyway you shake it, it's good news for us. :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Pat_H

A-List Customer
DanielJones said:
Colby: Ken has had some family matters to take care of lately so there may be a wee delay in getting any pics of the prototype, but rest assured they 1957 Legend is on it's way soon. I think when Ken get one of the first ones bashed he will put some pics on his site to show off the new line real proper like. I'm as anxious as any one to see his new interpretation of the iconic looking hat.

Pat: The Metropolitan is every bit the neat hat as the Fieldmaster. I own both and wear both on a regular basis. They are a joy.

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Some Great News Direct from the horses mouth...

I just got this from Ken for those waiting on their hats.

This applies to all orders placed BEFORE May 25, 2008. The orders after that require me to reorder felt etc.

Tomorrow Morning I will go take some photos of the newly completed hats and begin to do the styling requests over the next week. After that its out to the masses !

Wheeeeeeeee

There MAY be the rumored black prototype on this run. Stay tuned.

Gotta to lawyering now,

Highest ,
Ken

Sounds good to me. I can't wait to see the photos! :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Nevada Smith

New in Town
'57 Legend...Mighty Fine News!

...Thanks, Daniel. We are all fortunate to have you as the 'eyes and ears' on this topic. Ken highly values his association with you, and I personally think the 'Legend' will be on par with (and better) than the highly-touted factory AB.
Crimony, the block is literally from Mr. Delk, the hat is at least 20% beaver, and Ken certainly has the credentials for styling & creasing.

Tight Lines!
Nevada.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nevada Smith said:
...Thanks, Daniel. We are all fortunate to have you as the 'eyes and ears' on this topic. Ken highly values his association with you, and I personally think the 'Legend' will be on par with (and better) than the highly-touted factory AB.
Crimony, the block is literally from Mr. Delk, the hat is at least 20% beaver, and Ken certainly has the credentials for styling & creasing.

Tight Lines!
Nevada.

You are quite welcome Smith! Also, you may be on to something there. We shall see. ;)

Cheers!

Dan

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I am very excited about seeing the Legend. I've been putting off buying any hats until this one comes out. Anyone have an idea what the Legend is going to cost?

lc1484

One of the Regulars
I paid $235 for the Legend, that includes shipping and custom bashing....I placed my order the first week of July...

I can't wait to see it.

Larry

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The ball is rolling...

Well Ken is making progress and has a couple of photos of the Legend. I will post them when I can, but I just wanted to pop in quickly and give the natives a heads-up.
Of cource family matters take presidnce over the hats, rest assured they are being worked on. Images coming soon.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
A sneak Peek of the 1957 Legend...

As promised here is a sneak peek at the 1957 Legend.

And just in case anyone thought I was fibbing about lot of hats to do etc.
take a look. Remember this is just the current order up to May 25 and there are two stacks out of camera range:

HatOrderBoxes-vi.jpg

And this also gives proof that they are in fact done.

So without further adieu, here is the first 1957 Legend "spy photo" (which means taken in poor lighting with hazy focus with my camera phone ! )

SneakLegend-vi.jpg

I must say I was pleased overall with the fact that the more square Raiders' shape came through so well. That and the new softer felt make this a nice one, I think.

More pix will follow shortly and Work will commence on styled orders ASAP.

Thanks all
Ken

I have to say I am liking the crown shape of this one very much. I will post more as they come. I'd especially will love to see how the bow came out. :)

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure he will be getting to it, but with a colicky new baby to contend with, he has his hands full for sure. A modicum of patience is all that is required. ;)

Cheers!

Dan

Nevada Smith

New in Town
'Legend' Spy Photos!

...Hey Dan'l! Spy photos from 'Zone 3' look great...I too, think that straight-sided, tall crown has the best of possibilities, especially with Ken's nimble fingers. (Also like that comment re: 'new softer felt'.) When this eagle lands, it promises to be a 'keeper', as we trout-bums say.
Shortbow my friend, alas, this neanderthal cannot post his illustrations due to scanner incompatibility and 'admin password' problems..cannot even pm you this info because I "do not have sufficient priviledges"... I illustrate for every issue of 'Flyfishing & Tying Journal', and 'Shooting Sportsman' magazines, however. (Damnable fisherman is off the thread!)

>))))(*>
...But here's to Ken S. and Daniel Jones, for the great '57 update, which falls on our ears like Marilyn Monroe's sexy whisper!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well Nevada, here is another peek at the Legend from 'Zone 3' with a bash or two in it. It's all very exciting.

Number 001 - Model 1957 Legend ( Sorry about the camera - my good one is on the blink)

572-vi.jpg

JJModel57001-vi.jpg

Now that I have played Frankenstien on the first one, I will do all of yours who are waiting. Things worth noting on this hat, BTW a softer, but equally tough new felt and a color closer to the authentic Indy Brown. I held out on revealing that little pearl until I saw them in person, but they look even better than my "shaky-cam" photos in person !

Thanks to all of you, so very much, for your continued support. I am working hard to make you all some nice hats.

Peace

Ken

Now you can see what you're in store for. I personally can't wait to see that hat box on my door step. :) :eusa_clap Good job Ken!!

Now Nevada, get yourself posting so you can acquire those priviledges & can PM. ;)

Cheers!

Dan

shortbow

Practically Family
That's a fine looking hat. Especially like the unbashed crown shape.

No worries Nevada. We don't get those mags up here in the Far Frozen. Perhaps as time and circumstances? I wish I had evolved into a computer Neanderthal. I myself am a computerphobe neo-luddite ham-fisted keyboard basher.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nevada Smith said:
...Hey Dan'l! Spy photos from 'Zone 3' look great...I too, think that straight-sided, tall crown has the best of possibilities, especially with Ken's nimble fingers. (Also like that comment re: 'new softer felt'.) When this eagle lands, it promises to be a 'keeper', as we trout-bums say.
Shortbow my friend, alas, this neanderthal cannot post his illustrations due to scanner incompatibility and 'admin password' problems..cannot even pm you this info because I "do not have sufficient priviledges"... I illustrate for every issue of 'Flyfishing & Tying Journal', and 'Shooting Sportsman' magazines, however. (Damnable fisherman is off the thread!)

>))))(*>
...But here's to Ken S. and Daniel Jones, for the great '57 update, which falls on our ears like Marilyn Monroe's sexy whisper!

Hey Nevada! You might try using one of your illustrations as your avatar. It's a start anyway. :)

Cheers!

Dan

Nevada Smith

New in Town
'57 Legend

...The 'style/name' of this hat was, of course, chosen to reflect the year in which the latest Jones film takes place. It is, I think, an 'iconic' year, connoting all the imagery (film-wise, cars, events) that can romantically be considered "Legendary".

shortbow

Practically Family
Woweee!, Nevada, that illustration (Papa methinks?) is great. Sure would like to see it bigger, and more like it, should it become possible in future.

Ps. Ya wouldn't believe the fishing we have around these parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred