Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can we please discuss sizing of jackets please

^^
You mean the hem not hugging the hips on the HD Sportster? If so, it's the hourglass cut on those things, done probably so they are more comfortable sitting on a bike. Nature of the beast.
Yes I agree. Personally I like my jackets to flair slightly at the waist. That’s a large part of the appeal of the Halfbelt for me. To my eye that creates a very pleasing silhouette.

Rich22

Practically Family
Late to the party here, but found the thread interesting. I need a large-ish P2P of maybe 24 or 24.5" to be comfortable, because my chest and lats are large, but my waist is only 33" so that's a big drop. The shoulder measurement in jackets I can fit in is all over the place, but cosmetically an 18.5" shoulder looks a lot sharper and more appropriate than a 21.5" shoulder.

I don't like the look of shoulder seams hanging off the edge, and narrower shoulders don't tend to impact mobility and also prevent the shoulder flaring up when you move. I do, however, appreciate that I'm carrying more muscle than most people and in doing so have made myself a less common shape. What confuses me is how Cafe and Board Racers from one manufacturer on Thurstons can drastically vary in measurements, with some having wide shoulders and some quite narrow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner