Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you help me date this item??

~Kate~

New in Town
What do you ladies think about this dress? I bought it at an antique show but silly me, I forgot to ask how old it was. The label is very badly faded but I think it reads "Winnie Mae Frocks" (but I can't be quite sure). Sorry, not the best picture but it was the only one I had. It looks almost floor length in the picture but it actually hits me about mid-calf. Any ideas when it is from?
DSCN3303.jpg

D

Deleted member 12480

il_570xN.116475532.jpg

Was interested in this coat, but was wondering if you had any idea whether it is 40s or not? thanks! xxx

Foofoogal

Banned
Sorry Kate. Cute dress. I say 1960s on your dress perhaps. Welcome to the FL. Hard one though as it seems I remember ones like this fabric from the 1990s early. Sorry.

Annie. I think the white boucle jacket is possibly 1970s. Does it have a label.

Last edited:

~Kate~

New in Town
I'm pretty sure the dress isn't as new as the 1990's. None of the seams are finished or have been sewn with a serger. But thanks for the suggestions :)

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
I'm pretty sure the dress isn't as new as the 1990's. None of the seams are finished or have been sewn with a serger. But thanks for the suggestions :)

I was going to say, I have a 40s day/house dress that's a very similar silhouette. It looks like an "around the house" kind of dress from the 40s or early 50s. Then again, many 70s house dresses have a very retro look and could almost pass for originals. Do you have a close-up picture of the fabric and perhaps those buttons?

Nomanolo

Familiar Face
They are a really famous and expensive German fashion shop. Here's their website: http://www.woehrl.de/unternehmen.html

It says they were founded in 1933. To me the label looks 40's, but maybe you could even email them and ask when they used those labels? Let me know if you want me to do it in German.

ETA: There's no email address, just a form and I am not sure how to add those photos on there?

Thanks!

Edit: I emailed them.... because I stil want to know the answer to this one!

Last edited:

Foofoogal

Banned
It is very similar to the house dress of the 1950s but for some reason I remember that dress. Material and all in 1980s or 1990s. It is cute whenever it was made.
I may have that fabric even. I may look. Sorry.
Is it a gauzy type fabric? The label sounds old. Ok, officially driving me nuts now.
Can you do a close up of the fabric.

Last edited:

Foofoogal

Banned
oh, most definitely older than. 1940s or 1950s. Fabulous color.

I really do think they made a similar on in the 1980s of like gauzy or seersucker.

thank you. Sorry for all that but did want to help you.

moonmatrix

Familiar Face
Wow that could be a twin of a dress I just found at an estate sale! Mine is from the fifties definitely, the owners daughter confirmed the date of the clothing for me. Mine is pink and blue though.

Foofoogal

Banned
welcome moonmatrix.

I wonder if this is why this fabric and dress is so familiar to me in a way. Possibly someone around me as a child had one or something. Really odd to me.

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
Im getting such mixed messages from this blue micro suede dress :/
i just CANT figure out how old it is. its seams are unfinished with notches in them which makes it seem 50s or older, it has a tag with care instructions which makes me think its 60s. it has elastic in the waist too! the length is mid calf and its a size 12 which makes me think its 60s or earlier, because im a vintage size 10 and its just a tiny bit big. HELP ME! :p

316u8md.jpg

2ibyejl.jpg

rbad6g.jpg

and i also bought this Kashmiracle coat at a thrift store, and im thinkin is early 60s
it has a nice real (i think mink) collar.

2z7euxu.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points