Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada post

Damo

A-List Customer
Alan from JL has attempted to send me twice now a cloth mock up and it keeps getting sent back to him. I've tracked it and it arrives at my local post office and for some unknown reason it gets sent back to him without a single attempt to deliver to my house. When I've spoken to my post office no reason is provided. Anyone similar experiences? Maybe someone at the post office has it out for me?

Meerkat

Familiar Face
Alan from JL has attempted to send me twice now a cloth mock up and it keeps getting sent back to him. I've tracked it and it arrives at my local post office and for some unknown reason it gets sent back to him without a single attempt to deliver to my house. When I've spoken to my post office no reason is provided. Anyone similar experiences? Maybe someone at the post office has it out for me?

i would double check that it was correctly addressed...and then perhaps a chat with the postmaster rather than the desk clerk

Damo

A-List Customer
i would double check that it was correctly addressed...and then perhaps a chat with the postmaster rather than the desk clerk

Yes the address has been fine, and good idea about speaking with the postmaster!!

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
I spent 6 years as a Postie, and still deal with Canada Post, cross border a dozen times a week. JL sent my jacket with no issues. What is happening to you is very unusual, and something is definitely off.
If the sample had the wrong customs declaration or NAFTA number, it would be held up at the border, but would eventually get to you.
You might have to pay GST and a nominal fee to the Post Office to collect it. The Post Office holds your goods until they receive the money.
The only thing I can think of is that the docket that should have been delivered with your GST bill wasn't. Your parcel would hang around for two weeks and then be returned to sender as unclaimed.
For the next attempt, have a chat to your Postie as well as to the blokes in the office. If they know you are expecting a special package they are normally good as gold and will keep an eye out for you.

Damo

A-List Customer
I spent 6 years as a Postie, and still deal with Canada Post, cross border a dozen times a week. JL sent my jacket with no issues. What is happening to you is very unusual, and something is definitely off.
If the sample had the wrong customs declaration or NAFTA number, it would be held up at the border, but would eventually get to you.
You might have to pay GST and a nominal fee to the Post Office to collect it. The Post Office holds your goods until they receive the money.
The only thing I can think of is that the docket that should have been delivered with your GST bill wasn't. Your parcel would hang around for two weeks and then be returned to sender as unclaimed.
For the next attempt, have a chat to your Postie as well as to the blokes in the office. If they know you are expecting a special package they are normally good as gold and will keep an eye out for you.

Thx for the info. Unfortunately, the cloth mock up jacket was only kept at the local post office for a day or two. Alan is going to send it ups next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner