Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Candy Corn Addicts Anonymous annual meeting

Dan'l

Practically Family
I also love the "autumn mix" but cannot find it anymore, or at least very rarely. I've not found it this year and have been looking in different places.

The autumn mix has the candy corn, Indian corn, pumpkins, yellow crescent moons, yellow cats, brown (chocolate) bats and brown witches. There may even be some skulls in the mix.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also love the "autumn mix" but cannot find it anymore, or at least very rarely. I've not found it this year and have been looking in different places.

The autumn mix has the candy corn, Indian corn, pumpkins, yellow crescent moons, yellow cats, brown (chocolate) bats and brown witches. There may even be some skulls in the mix.

Target is loaded with Autumn Mix!!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yep, I bought 2 bags the other day.
Regular and Mellow mix.
The mellow mix has pumpkins, caramels, chocolates, and a banana flavor that I remember as a kid.
Honestly I can't remember seeing this in the past, so I'm glad to see it come back.
I put the two together in a zip lock bag.
I've also (in the past) mixed almonds with them, as someone else here has done with peanuts.
Kinda your own trail mix.
If for some reason you are against the "imported" stuff from Brachs, you can make your own.
I believe I found a recipe on epicurious.com.
Oh that was a few days ago, I've forgotten that time period. :D

Esme

One of the Regulars
I want that mix with the chocolate bats! I don't ever remember seeing that.

Candy Corn is my favorite ever candy, I like the chocolate cc almost as much as the original. Unfortunately, I have a mild corn allergy and it sets off my asthma if I eat too much. As long as I keep it to a handful or two, I am fine, so I only buy the small bags. I kind of like breathing.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Big candy corn addict here - I love the stuff. I haven't bought any Halloween treats yet because I know I'll just devour them all before any trick'r'treaters come by. I do both the Sheeplady and LoveMyHats2 methods - I will jam a bunch in my mouth, then get a feeling of impending doom and then slow down and nibble. Eventually I'm back to the handfuls. It's a vicious cycle and that's how I'm likely to eat a whole bag in two days.

Oh, I can still eat a bag of candy corn in two days by the nibbling method. I can nibble fast. :)

The two things that this thread has taught me thus far is that: (1) I am not alone in having a specific way of eating candy corn :) and (2) one of my top questions when considering moving to a foreign country will be "Do you have Candy Corn here?!!??!" If the answer is no, it looks like I won't be moving there. lol

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh, I can still eat a bag of candy corn in two days by the nibbling method. I can nibble fast. :)

The two things that this thread has taught me thus far is that: (1) I am not alone in having a specific way of eating candy corn :) and (2) one of my top questions when considering moving to a foreign country will be "Do you have Candy Corn here?!!??!" If the answer is no, it looks like I won't be moving there. lol

This should be written down in some "famous quotes" book....."No Candy Corn, no move" it is a deal breaker!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Anyone familiar with the brand Mayfair Mellowcreme Harvest Mix and if it has gelatin in it? I'm really craving the stuff and that's the only brand I can get here (besides Brach's, which is a no go). Thanks!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Anyone familiar with the brand Mayfair Mellowcreme Harvest Mix and if it has gelatin in it? I'm really craving the stuff and that's the only brand I can get here (besides Brach's, which is a no go). Thanks!
No..never heard of that brand, sorry. They have the candy corn in bulk in a few stores local to me so you can get a five pound bag fairly cheap.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Thanks, LMH2; my craving is such that I may just order the stuff and leave it to (non-veggie) others if there's any nasties in it (which, admittedly, will kill me!). :(

Dan'l

Practically Family
I found a candy corn mix from Jelly Belly over the weekend, very nice. It doesn't have the chocolate bats but does have a variety including red candy corn that is cinnamon.

I checked at the local Target and they don't have the variety mix, just the pumpkins and corn.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I loved candy corn when I was a kid. My uncle and aunt sent me a few bags every year. I hadn't tried any candy corn in years but my mother just came back from a visit in Maryville, TN - and brought a bag of Sunrise candy corn with her. They are rather hard and I prefer them softer...

It's funny. In Germany I was about the only one who knew candy corn...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Geez, maybe someone forced him to eat several bags of it when he was a wee one growing up?

I can't help but think of an old Morris dance tune with words to it, Lumps of Plum Pudding:

Lumps of plum pudding and pieces of pie
Me mother she gave me for telling a lie.
She gave me so much I fear I shall die
From lumps of plum pudding and pieces of pie.

:D

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Europeans in general just don't seem to have it in them to produce such a wonderfully disgusting product as candy corn. ;)

Oh, I don't know. Some of that English stuff is really nasty. Sticky as hell. So much so that you're in constant danger of having your jaws glued to the candy. It often needs the assistance of the ambulance or the technical emergency service...

But then of course you're right. England is not Europe... ;) :D

Speaking of wonderfully disgusting...go to Bonnie Scotland and have some haggis! :whip: :essen:

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh, I don't know. Some of that English stuff is really nasty. Sticky as hell. So much so that you're in constant danger of having your jaws glued to the candy. It often needs the assistance of the ambulance or the technical emergency service...

But then of course you're right. England is not Europe... ;) :D

Speaking of wonderfully disgusting...go to Bonnie Scotland and have some haggis! :whip: :essen:

I was in Sterling two years ago and someone talked me into having haggis. I had no clue what it was until it was too late. Not something to have seconds of for me. However, they do make some not too bad candy there.

While in Hamburg, I purchased some chocolate that was similar to a large Hershey's bar that was very good. In Italy, it was the spumoni ice cream.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Strange to speak of haggis and candy corn in the same breath. :)
Yes, the Brits have always had a pretty . . . uhhh . . . different . . . taste in sweets from the "continent".
I remember the first time I tried Cadbury's Dairy Milk. MUCH lighter milk chocolate than just about any other brand. Gag.
I've gotten myself to the point where my fave chocolate is the 85% stuff.
Which is OT.
Back to true delicious grossness, candy corn.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I too love candy corn and am hopelessly addicted to the stuff this time of year. We always make up a mix that is 1/3 candy corn, 1/3 dry roasted peanuts and 1/3 plain M&Ms. Just seems like a perfect complement of flavors that mix well together. ...Time for another handful!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I too love candy corn and am hopelessly addicted to the stuff this time of year. We always make up a mix that is 1/3 candy corn, 1/3 dry roasted peanuts and 1/3 plain M&Ms. Just seems like a perfect complement of flavors that mix well together. ...Time for another handful!
Well there is another great sounding batch of eatings I have to try!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
DIY Candy Corn Decorations

Ear-Buds_slideshow_image.jpg

Good-Enough-to-Eat-Garland_slideshow_image.jpg

Corn-Balls_slideshow_image.jpg

"Since its invention in 1898 by the Herman Goelitz Confectionary Company of Fairfield, California (now known as the Jelly Belly Candy Company), candy corn has been wildly popular—so much so that today, nearly 35 million pounds of candy corn are produced each year."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy