Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canuck zipper replacement help

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
Hi leather maniacs,

The zipper tape holding the zipper pin on my Aero Hooch Hauler has broken for the second time (picture below in case I'm not describing it right), and I'm sick of it! It's CXL FQHH, and I think the combo of the stiff, heavy leather with the small and finicky Aero zipper is just too much for Aero's construction method. Since the zipper is so annoying anyway, I'm considering paying for a full zipper replacement, both to avoid this problem in the future and for better zipping. I'm in Canada, so I'm wondering if any fellow canucks can recommend a good Canadian option for this job? If not, could I hear some of the places others here recommend for such work?

Thanks!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Your uploaded image did not work for me. Perhaps you can do the work yourself. Sometimes it could be not hard at all. Also, please remember to use a good quality #10 zip for heavier jackets. YKK makes a very good nickle plated one. I love the old school 40s Talons and 50s Conmars. PM me if you have more questions. I have done this several times by hand which I think is the best method.

Dbrn

One of the Regulars
Thanks Canuck, I'll look them up! I appreciate it!

Thanks photo, but I'm sticking with pros on this job. I know my limits!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana