Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Capone's Borsalino

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's an interesting museum that claims to have one of Capone's Borsalinos!

147f2a7a0.jpg

al_capone.jpg

ef4e7490.jpg

Here's the site:

http://www.myalcaponemuseum.com/id22.htm

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I recall right, JTL has a Borsalino with a similar band and styling

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Doesn't that guy know that we need a liner shot? :p

JtL puts up a good front, but I've always thought he was a bit suspect. :D

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Garrett said:
Here's an interesting museum that claims to have one of Capone's Borsalinos!

http://www.myalcaponemuseum.com/id22.htm
"The museum was closed mainly due to the Italian community of Chicago, who was upset at the glorification of a criminal."

............................................................Wrong!!!

I know the former owner and he wasn't pressured to close the museum. He sold out to the Rainforest Cafe chain when they offered 5x what he paid for the property two years earlier. He never reopened because the museum never did any business anyway.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Doesn't that guy know that we need a liner shot? :p

JtL puts up a good front, but I've always thought he was a bit suspect. :D

JtL and that dog of his both bare watching. It seems what one doesn't think up, the other one does. TLH

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
THEY'RE WASTING THAT BEAUTIFUL BORSALINO BEHIND GLASS! :eusa_doh:

Send it to Art for a reblock and then ship it to one of the fine members here at the Lounge. Hats are meant to be worn not entombed. My wife's Sicilian, so...maybe she could wear it.:rolleyes:

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
When I visited Gary White, the Master Hatter, in Buffalo a couple of years back he told me about how certain gangs would have a regional 'hook' in their bash. He mentioned, and I'm not sure if I am recalling this correctly, a South Side Hook, a Chicago Hook, a Cleveland Hook, etc. In the actual photo of Capone there looks like something that could be what Gary described in his lid. But I don't see one in the museum hat. Hmm.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
JtL and that dog of his both bare watching. It seems what one doesn't think up, the other one does. TLH

Am catching up on my "Lounging" -- only to find that I have been seriously maligned in this thread by several members. :eek: :eek: :eek: lol

I can take it, but the dog may have a different view...:D

OK, in all seriousness -- sure enough, looks like the Capone hat in this thread has the same ribbon treatment as my brown Borso. Very interesting, as I had never seen another lid with this feature. I wonder if its appearance on Big Al's noggin' helps to date my lid? [huh]

OK, time to head back to the Speakeasy...

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy