Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans!

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
Casey posted a really amazing tutorial on her blog about refashioning a cardigan here ("from frumpy to flattering!" lol). Haven't attempted it yet, but it's a brilliant idea if you're *ahem* budget conscious and find yourself falling in love with a *nearly perfect* (but irresistibly priced) cardigan that you just wish you could change that little thing about (sleeve length, hem length, bagginess, etc.). Also love her idea of adding your own appliques and decorative elements to spice it up. :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab

palespider

One of the Regulars
dgenevieve said:
Casey posted a really amazing tutorial on her blog about refashioning a cardigan here ("from frumpy to flattering!" lol). Haven't attempted it yet, but it's a brilliant idea if you're *ahem* budget conscious and find yourself falling in love with a *nearly perfect* (but irresistibly priced) cardigan that you just wish you could change that little thing about (sleeve length, hem length, bagginess, etc.). Also love her idea of adding your own appliques and decorative elements to spice it up. :)

Thank you so much for this link! I am in total love with it

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
dgenevieve said:

Thanks, Diana, for the tutorial shout-out!!! :D

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I revamped an old cardigan by adding an even older fur collar ;) ; since I need to be able to use it on my coat as well it is not sewn on, just pinned with some very big safety pins.
4301105931_b6c14f4643_b.jpg
4301105921_a7e6e35f0f_b.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
...and maybe as an old lady i'll finally find my place and feel comfortable...one can only hope...

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Cute cardigan

I just got a cardigan from Victoria's Secret. The cardigan would be great for work and has a nice fitted fit. I bought a beautiful red color that I don't see here, but is in their latest catalog. Just so you know, these are "fitted", ie: a bit small. Just a heads up!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Sweater Clips

What is the correct way to wear a sweater clip?

Does the clip go up high, near the neck?

Is the clip worn only when the cardi is draped over your shoulders? That's what I thought it was for, to keep the sweater from slipping to the ground. I'm seeing images of models with their arms through the sweater, still wearing the clips. I'm confused which way is the correct, original method!

texasgirl

One Too Many
I was at Target last night and they have cardigans on sale for $14.99. And they seem to be better made than ones I have gotten there before. They have 3/4 sleeves which I like for spring/summer as they keep the office so cold. I got a cable one in white and a plain one in red. But they had lots of colors, I may have to go back :)

41XIewOoE-L._AA260_.jpg
41WEvgzI44L._AA260_.jpg

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
What a great tutorial! I have a heck of a time finding cardigans to fit me, and I almost want to run to goodwill this second! I've always been concerned about knits raveling if I try and make any changes, but that doesn't look too scary!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
lolly_loisides said:
Well I'm abit excited as I have just purchased this cardigan
il_430xN.71405871.jpg

from this etsty seller http://www.etsy.com/shop/emmasommerfeld?section_id=6146331
It's knitted to fit me & I've chosen a moss green colour. Now all I have to do is wait patiently until it is finished (up to 5 weeks). As it's still spring here I figure it should arrive just when the weather is starting to get cooler.

Oh, this is so not what I needed to see...Im going to have this lady make 5 things for me....someday....:rolleyes:

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
23SkidooWithYou said:
What is the correct way to wear a sweater clip?

Does the clip go up high, near the neck?

Is the clip worn only when the cardi is draped over your shoulders? That's what I thought it was for, to keep the sweater from slipping to the ground. I'm seeing images of models with their arms through the sweater, still wearing the clips. I'm confused which way is the correct, original method!

Check out this thread.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran