Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carhartt Detroit Jacket

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi
Just bought this New with Tags Made in USA Carhartt Detroit Jacket with Embroidery on the left front side. I tried taking it off but started to mess up the inside liner. What should I do? How does it look? Leave it alone or one of these patches to cover it. Could use your help.

Attachments

• 2BA75A73-269D-4F52-8880-F58FD9605DF0.jpeg
    2BA75A73-269D-4F52-8880-F58FD9605DF0.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 155
  • 0324D5A9-F3A2-4692-84DD-E3800B0A588D.jpeg
    0324D5A9-F3A2-4692-84DD-E3800B0A588D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 152
  • 4EA425A5-68A9-4674-ADC2-06543BF72193.jpeg
    4EA425A5-68A9-4674-ADC2-06543BF72193.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
  • EEFB917C-7BC0-480B-B742-FC4FC04922F0.jpeg
    EEFB917C-7BC0-480B-B742-FC4FC04922F0.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 135

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
If you like the look of either patch..why not use one. Other wise I’d leave the embroidery alone or continue to unpick it and sew up the liner..no one will really ever see the liner

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
If you like the look of either patch..why not use one. Other wise I’d leave the embroidery alone or continue to unpick it and sew up the liner..no one will really ever see the liner
Hi
Thank You for your Great Advice. I was thinking just leave it alone for now.
Thank You
Best
Peter

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face
As an industrial electrician, hobbyist metal fabricator/welder and mechanic, I’d have zero problem sporting an Ingersol Rand branded Carhartt. I even have a 65 gallon IR compressor in my garage. That said… I do prefer the matching flag patch compared to the U.S.A. patches. (I love my Carhartt Detroit jacket, and my fourteen year old son is on his third Detroit jacket - and they’ve been discontinued in kid‘s sizes since before he started wearing them).

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Hi
Thank you for your opinion on the Patches. I agree the Flag looked nice. Did not know what to have Written on a Patch so I went with U.S.A., Nice to know the Name on the Jacket now is a Good Company to Display on the Jacket. Maybe I will wear it like it is for now and latter have the Patch put on.
I like Carhartt Jackets I do have a Few. I have their Chore Jacket in Black and Brown and another Detroit in Blue.
Funny I see carhartt makes a Coat for Dogs but stoped making for Children. Try looking on EBay and Poshmark. . All my Carhartt costs are made in USA.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
IMO these jackets are designed to be abused untill they fall appart, not paraded in Kanye West style.
I would just use and abuse it, who cares what company logo is on it...
Put it on and go dig a hole, angle grind something, maybe change your oil, once you have put a bit of dirt on it you won't care anymore.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I got a couple Carhartt’s XXL tall which are too big. I wear an XXL regular love that duck

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
The Jacket is the same weight in material. 12oz., LINNER is the same type . Just don't have the Brass Rivets On the Pockets. I bought it for a low price $65.00. I have another Big Ben Jacket and It's made nice. I post a picture. I only buy Made in USA Coats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 106

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
If your Looking to buy Made in USA New Made now look into LC King.
Even a Made in Prison Coats and Pants called
Prison Blues they are Very High Quality Denim Jackets and Pants Made like Vintage Levi's with
14.5 Oz Denim. I just ordered a unlined Yard/Chore Coat from www.prisonblues.com.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ingersoll Rand is a well respected US power tool company. Carhardtt is a well respected US jacket manufacturing company. An Ingersoll Rand branded Carhardtt is an excellent match. I would leave it be and wear it with pride.
Well said - this would be my plan too and "Wear and Enjoy" :)

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
can anyone tell me about the new Detroit jackets? I seem to remember they stopped making them and then began again, but made differently? Some kind of scuttlebutt in the past few years about them. If you can refresh my memory, I'd appreciate it. and then a couple other questions?
1) if wanting to buy a Detroit, what should I look for? Look for a vintage jacket? be fine with a brand new one? what details (zippers, etc) do I want to watch out for?

2) does anyone else make a quality copy of the Detroit? If so, who? I don't mean these boutique brands that are selling modified versions for $500. Big Ben? Dickies? Any other brands?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner