Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Fedora: from T-Shirt to a Shirt & Tie

indycop

I'll Lock Up
schuface said:
I never could wear a Fedora while riding a bicycle, although it makes perfect sense to do.
The British wore helmets and full combat gear with bicycles on D-Day didn't they?:D

Don't know why my mind is stuck on WWII today.[huh]

TimBer

New in Town
J.T.Marcus said:
I remember a "MASH" episode in which Hawkeye Pierce wore a cowboy hat with shorts! :D

Kenny Chesney wears shorts and a cowboy hat in several of his videos. For some reason it seems to me like you can get away with shorts as long as you are wearing straw. I don't own any straw, but it just seems like I would be comfortable with shorts and straw.

Here is another in case that last one was too distracting.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
No, actually the second one is more distracting. But, I don't understand why you added the first photo...I don't recall seeing anyone with a hat. :D :eusa_doh:

How did we get from fedoras to cowboy hats? lol

Edward

Bartender
Mustang said:
No, actually the second one is more distracting. But, I don't understand why you added the first photo...I don't recall seeing anyone with a hat. :D :eusa_doh:

Me neither - just a poor young lady who has had the misfortune to have been born without hips! :eek:

MattC

A-List Customer
Back to the subject--against type

I kind of like wearing more casual hats--a Open Road or a Stratoliner--with suits and more formal hats--a slate grey Homburg, a Navy blue fedora--with jeans and a leather jacket. Like people have been saying, find your own style and make your own rules.

MikeS

New in Town
I always tell people with a stingy brimmed fedora you could be casual (brim up all around) or business-like (snapped down in front). Depends on your mood or the setting or maybe the weather.

ortega76

Practically Family
I would say that a stingy brim fedora in gray is a great way to go. It is nuetral enough to go with black, navy or earth-tones.

I'm also a big fan of the porkpie as a casual hat. A stingy brimmed porkpie is great, but even a medium length brim lends a nice touch of class to a casual outfit.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
T-shirt
IMG_4465.jpg

shirt and topcoat
IMG_4545-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR