Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Catch and Release: Aero Rockafella Size 38

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
After some hemming and hawing, I've ultimately decided the fit on this jacket isn't working for me and think I'd do better with a slightly slimmer jacket in this style, so that's on me to think a bit more critically about measurements. Anyway, I bought this jacket from another member earlier this year and as I'm transitioning out my warm weather clothes I feel like this isn't doing any good sitting in the closet going unworn. This is particularly heartbreaking because I'd probably say the Rockafella my favorite Aero pattern. From the back it definitely looks like a 30's style jacket but the button front and lapels might make you believe this is from the 70's if that's all you saw. It's timeless not because the style is ubiquitous throughout history like a biker jacket or Type III, but because it's evocative of multiple time periods while feeling incredibly specific. Just to give you an idea of how great I think this jacket looks, I'm in the process with Thurston Bros. to get a Rockafella that will fit me as desired. The condition of the jacket now is unchanged from then as I've only worn it inside a couple times, but I'm adding a couple pics here with a piece of paper showing the date of posting just to prove I still own it. The pics in the linked post should tell you everything you need, but please reach out if you have further questions. Hoping to get $600 shipped OBO in the CONUS. Feel free to reach out if you're international and we'll see if we can work something out.

Attachments

• IMG_6012.jpeg
    IMG_6012.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_6013.jpeg
    IMG_6013.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 176

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner