Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cav 50 - wowsa - and a Knox 20

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Got a couple new hats over the past few days. I think they are just right. The first is the Cavanagh in light tan with dark brown ribbon, and the second a dark brown Knox with "amberish" brown ribbon.

Oh, my goodness, how nice is the felt of the Cavanagh. When I had the Stetson 20 previously - the one I sold to Matt Deckard - I thought that was nice felt. And my other two Cavanaghs are quite nice. But the 50 stands apart. It is very, very nice. I am sure there is more than one word to describe it (good, bad or indifferent), but to me it is the most supple-feeling hat. The Knox 20 is also very nice. Certainly not a 50, but nice. It, too, has its version of the Cavanagh edge - "Custom Edge".

86476233.jpg
86476224.jpg
86476219.jpg
86476214.jpg
86476208.jpg
86476200.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
CONGRATS!

The Cavanagh is the finest, of many, of the vintage. A "50" means it was top notch back then. I love that color, and the contrasting dark brown ribbon. The "Cavanagh" edge is great too!

You have a very nice vintage hat. Keep it safe. I hope there are no moth nibbles, as the pictures look very pristine.

It is one of the best vintage hats you will find, and far better than the modern stuff of today.

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Thanks very much. Under close scrutiny, the Cav would reveal some minor, minor imperfections. But at a studied glance, even, it looks as good in person as the pictures here. Glad you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails