Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chat down temporarily... working on a fix now

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
To chat with us tonight, and any other night, just go to http://www.conanthelibrarian.com and click on the big
i_chaticon4.gif
button.

I am going to try testing having a chat open every night to judge what days will be good to hold. Please post any opinions regarding it, or come on in!

-Nathan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always paid for webspace because I need to upload lots of files for school, in addition to posting pictures of hats and stuff here on TFL. Recently I was offered the chance to buy my own domain name, and I picked out www.conanthelibrarian.com .

I have integrated a chat into the page so we can start having weekly chats again. It's very easy to use. All you have to do is go to the front page, click the big CHAT NOW button at the bottom of it, register your name, and then you're in the chat.

I'm not trying to compete with MK or The Fedora Lounge at all. This website is only for my personal stuff, and I figured adding a chat would be helpful for the folks here.

We'll need to decide on a time to do this, so that we can all plan on being there at the same time. Our last chats on the old Lounge were at 9pm Pacific, if I remember correctly. This is a bit late for us East-coasters, but we can swing it if needed. I'm open to picking a new one if needed, though.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
This is a bit late for us East-coasters, but we can swing it if needed.

Speak for yourself, Nathan! LOL LOL LOL I can probably make it too, though I can't promise I'll be able to do as much talking as I used to.

kent

New in Town
How about a non-java chat thing somewhere that isn't hosted by some bizarre onlinehome.us? I suppose I'm an old fashioned IRC guy.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I personally like IRC, having used it for many many years, but for the average PC user IRC is probably a bit too clunky, plus it involves downloading a client. I could see about getting a java irc client like JPilot, though.

I don't mind suggestions, though. For all I know, people may not want to have chats anymore.
onlinehome.us is my webspace with 1and1.com If you'd rather it, I can have it set up to say www.conanthelibrarian.com/chat

kent

New in Town
Ah, so it's the same site, it's always a bit bizarre changing domains midway in a website. Still doesn't quite get to my lack of java-vm and refusal to install it. =/ What irc nets did/do you frequent?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by kent
Ah, so it's the same site, it's always a bit bizarre changing domains midway in a website. Still doesn't quite get to my lack of java-vm and refusal to install it. =/ What irc nets did/do you frequent?

I was a regular on irc.enterthegame.com in #quake, and #shugashack back in the day. These days I spend most of my time with IRC on gamesnet in #alienarmada.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I just realized that 9pm Pacific is midnight Eastern... where is that idiot smiley?

What times would you guys like to chat? Preferably sometime around 7 or 8pm Pacific would be better.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
We had 4 people in there last night, including Kentucky Blues, Andykev, and Dalexs, and it all seemed to work okay. Hopefully next week there will be a bigger crowd :)

Williamson

New in Town
What is the possibility of getting together more than just one night a week? I guess those who are interested could drop in for a chat as their schedule allows. The only concern is whether a moderator is needed for any chat time. I remember with the old chat room that we all enjoyed so much had to be monitored by a moderator to keep things from getting off track etc.....Just a thought. Looking forward to it. Keep us posted.Regards,Williamson

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
We don't necessarily need to have a specific day to chat, we can have them every night of the week if y'all want it.

The most recent chat room we had at the old lounge seemed to do okay without moderation (though it will be moderated if the riff-raff gets in)

Everybody feel free to hop in it anytime.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Bogie1943
Hey if anyone wants to chat with old Bogie tomorrow tonight...

Does that involve a time machine LOL well I don't know about you, but I know I'll be there tomorrow and tonight around 7 eastern. So yeah....come chat....

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Hey, I'm in the chat as we speak....Bogie is a no-show, but another guy is in there who likes hats and such and talking about them....which is me...and I see there are others onlne that might also enjoy discussing..so...yeah....:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24