Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chatham brim width?

Griff

New in Town
Got a question about Stetson's Chatham brim width.
I was on Bencraft's web-site (I ordered a Stetson Whippet) and saw they list the Chatham brim to be 2 3/4. Other on-line stores show the brim to be 2 3/8.
I have read on this site that some of you consider the Whippet just to be a Chatham with a sealed brim edge but the brim size doesn't add up. What gives? I understand they are the same quality felt.
I wanted an Ashland (2 1/4 brim) but Bencraft didn't have it my size so I ordered the Whippet as I prefer a brim less that 2 1/2.
I hope I'll be happy with the Whippet. It looks good on the site. I wanted something lighter that I could wear as the weather warmed up a little.
Any thoughts on the Whippet are welcome.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Our Chatham is custome made for us with a 2 3/4" brim. It is one of our best selling hats from Stetson due to the wider brim. The Whippet is a smaller brim at 2 3/8" (bound).

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

whippet

besdor said:
Our Chatham is custome made for us with a 2 3/4" brim. It is one of our best selling hats from Stetson due to the wider brim. The Whippet is a smaller brim at 2 3/8" (bound).

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

:eek:fftopic:

I was thinking about getting a Akubra Fed 4 and having the brim trimmed to round and then bound. how would that compare to the whippet? is there much taper to it or is it straight sided like the fed's?

Thanks for your info, and additional pics would be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy