Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap but not hideous denim jacket suggestions

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wrangler does make very affordable workwear. Most are rodeo approved. Unfortunately, they are only for North American market. So my suggestion is ebay.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
A person's size can sometimes be an issue in this.

I wear Rossi boots these days, they are like Blundstones only Aussie made -$80.00. I'm a size ten so no issues getting them.

I find that $25 old school US cowboy fit Wranglers take care of jeans.

Dikies work pants $30 in black if I have to look neat.

Black Bonds T-shirts $9. They last for years.

Done

Lucky ba***rd. Based on those numbers you can probably afford groceries and to keep your car registered.....I think I'm going to go back to basics...except for footwear.....and jackets...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I have a Vans one from 3-4 years ago. Cheap but not hideous. Still going strong.

Actually it retailed for around $80 at the time, but I worked there, so I paid less.

I don't envision this post being persuasive or helpful whatsoever to you Seb. :/ They make some decent department store clothes though. Some gems in the rough but nothing to write home about.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Bunyip, I'm a size 14 so I feel your pain. Well, not literally.

Whites or Wescos will take a lot more wear than cheaper boots, and you might well come out ahead over the long term. When I used to wear trainers a lot (Nike Town in London carried big sizes), I'd kill a pair in six to twelve months.

Yep, I'm a 14wide in Asics. Not a hassle when we got them for free playing rugby. Now I rotate about 4 pair of sneakers. Walking the dogs, mowing the yard, running at high speed away from the ex... I tend buy a new pair every 8-9 months, and throw away the oldest pair. Even my dogs won't chew them after I'm done with them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner