Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chester Jeffries Gloves

ProfCharles

New in Town
Winter in NYC is soon approaching and I decided this year to purchase a quality pair of gloves. These will be mainly for dress/business casual attire. After doing some research, Ive decided to go with Chester Jeffries bespoke.

I wanted to ask the members here about their experience with this company and how their gloves have held up.

I also wanted to ask opinions on choice of leather and lining and why.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
Winter in NYC is soon approaching and I decided this year to purchase a quality pair of gloves. These will be mainly for dress/business casual attire. After doing some research, Ive decided to go with Chester Jeffries bespoke.

I wanted to ask the members here about their experience with this company and how their gloves have held up.

I also wanted to ask opinions on choice of leather and lining and why.

I've got a pair of deerskin gloves lined in silk (made to order rather than bespoke - I think you can draw round your hand and fax/email them the picture, but I went for the more conventional option of telling them my glove size)

The leather and stitching are good quality. They did muck up the sizing on the first attempt, but their customer service was good and they sorted the problem out.
They've lasted me about 5 years so far, and I'll probably get another pair in a different colour this Winter.

I like deer skin as it's quite "grippy" and supple. with the thinner silk lining I can do up / undo the buttons on a coat, count out bus change etc. without taking off my gloves.

Don't leave it too late, I think that they build up quite a backlog on made to order gloves in Winter.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've had a pair I loved till a large dog thought it would be fun to put his teeth through them. I bought several pairs as Christmas gifts for various people and they were all very much appreciated. I think they make great stuff.

Edward

Bartender
I have two or three pairs, all excellent. Look out for one of their specials, which can be had for around the same price as any half decent otr department store place. Highly recommended.

Michael Finn

New in Town
I have one pair of cape leather gloves lined with cashmere. My RTW gloves from another store fits better to my hand than these MTO gloves. Otherwise quality and all is good.

Leacock

Familiar Face
How does one care for gloves this pricy? Do you simply leave them in a coat's pockets? I am considering acquiring one, but am concerned I would promptly damage it.

What sorts of linings have people tried for gloves? They seem to offer a fair selection but how does cashmere or silk or rabbit really work for people in practice?

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Yip, leave them tucked in the handwarmer pockets of the coat with which you wear it, as long as they're deep enough for the gloves not to fall out. Alternatively, when wearing a covert coat, I prefer to stick my gloves in the breast pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy