Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Children of Men

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I saw it last week and just sat, stunned, through all of the credits.

Don't know what I can say without spoilers but I loved it--the realistic view of "the future" (rather than flying cars and such--although I hope that the world depicted in COM isn't what the future will actually be like), the political aspects, all of the performances.

Above all though I loved the direction, really masterful I thought.

It's one of my top 3 films of the year (the others being Little Miss Sunshine and Little Children). I'd highly recommend it to everyone.

What did you like about it flat-top?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
What did you like about it flat-top?
I just really thought the whole thing was incredible. You're right that it would be hard to go into detail without spoilers. I will say that this movie will be on my mind for a long time.

Salv

One Too Many
It was easily the best film I saw last year, and the DVD is due for release in England next Monday. I normally wait until the price of a DVD drops a little, but I'll be getting this one on the day of release. A brilliant film!

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Saw this yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Clive Owen can't act, but he does well as a sci-fi action star. Great action, good ending and a visionary, although ridiculous, future world.

Hondo

One Too Many
Has any one seen this movie? I had some interesting comments regarding it, scary and futuristic. Hope to get a chance but I have such little free time to run off to the theaters. Wish list for sure.

Plot Outline: In 2027, in a chaotic world in which humans can no longer procreate, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea, where her child's birth may help scientists save the future of humankind.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I thought it was alright. I loved the one take action sequences, but the thrown in their comic bits (not talking about Mr. Cane's character, he was prefect) like the car not starting and such were a little unneeded. It took away from the message of the film, at least I thought.

I had hoped the movie would have been a bit more about why instead of a linear journey to get the girl to the human project.

But there are some real amazing sequences in the movie, bravo! :eusa_clap

LD

Mahinatakataka

New in Town
Can't wait

to see Children of Men. They say Cuaron just keeps getting better... and Owen is mesmerizing.

That and The Last King of Scotland, Letters from Iwo Jima, and Notes from a Scandal are on my "hotlist."

Marv

A-List Customer
I bought this on DVD from reviews only and that the fact the I really rate Clive Owen as an actor, well after watching I was really disappointed nowhere near as good as I thought it would be....in a word "Crap" :(

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Marv said:
I bought this on DVD from reviews only and that the fact the I really rate Clive Owen as an actor, well after watching I was really disappointed nowhere near as good as I thought it would be....in a word "Crap" :(
Why? What specifically about it did you not care for?

Mahinatakataka

New in Town
Ww indeed

We saw this last night. I didn't think audiences still had it in them to be that moved and that attentive. There were whole periods of absolute silence and people leaning forward in their chairs.

Mesmerizing...

Feraud

Bartender
Marv said:
Is this on dvd already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats