Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

China help? Washington Colonial

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hello! I picked these up at the thrift store today for $14.99. They look really 30's to me, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything? I know nothing, but on the back it says:

Washington Colonial
Made U.S.A.

Anyone know anything? Thanks a ton!
l_7a39533cc09b74f5224ab685a953c214.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
What lovely nostalgic dishes they are! Those are the kind you always find miscellaneous individual pieces of, but not the complete (or near complete) set. Can't give any info tho, sorry.

Lauren

Thank you!!!

I have found similar ones on ebay saying they're by Vogue and the pattern is Washington Colonial, but the pattern, if there was one, is a different floral and I still can't pin down a date :( Maybe I need to go to the library.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have looked through there for her and didn't spot one that looked like this....but maybeI just missed one...

The pattern that Replacements calls Washington Colonial By Vogue is def not this one and has no flowers on it...but they do have a ton of others...

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Lauren,

Based on a quick search, your soup bowls were made in the mid-1940's but they might have been made from older UHL molds.

Here is an Uhl auction that has some Vogue Pottery info:

"Vogue Pottery took over the Uhl factory in 1945, and produced some items using the Uhl molds until it closed in 1947."

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UHL-POTTERY-...oryZ1238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and some more info on Uhl/Vogue/Louisville pottery:

http://www.huntingburg.lib.in.us/UHLHistory1.html

As others have mentioned there are several plain pieces available from Replacements.com and many other decalled. I didn't notice any with your specific floral, however.

P.

Lauren

PERFECT! Thank you! They actually aren't marked "Vogue" at all- I just was assuming that was the maker because it was a similar pattern. They must be UHL then, since they took over their molds. So probably 40's or earlier? Fabulous! Thank you so much for your help, everyone :D And if anyone knows anything else, let me know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW