Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocoholics Anyomous meeting has come to order.....

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK just drop the chocolate and back up. No funny business and you won't get hurt. GIMME THE CHOCLATE!
th_violent018.gif

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
My dear friend and I were walking through Cartagena, Spain a few days ago looking for a bite in a cafe. We wandered over to a promising spot and just happened to come upon a........CHOCOLATERIA!!!

Imagine an entire menu of delectable chocolate delights. We were in heaven. We split a large platter of fruit and pot of chocolate fondu. She being a Doctor justified our meal by tauting the nutritional value and the antioxidend properties. Hey, good enough for me, she's the Doctor! We washed it all down with some chocolate milkshakes. By the end, we were both in a chocolate coma and in need of life support. If death by chocolate is in my future...pull the plug!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TraderRic said:
My dear friend and I were walking through Cartagena, Spain a few days ago looking for a bite in a cafe. We wandered over to a promising spot and just happened to come upon a........CHOCOLATERIA!!!

Imagine an entire menu of delectable chocolate delights. We were in heaven. We split a large platter of fruit and pot of chocolate fondu. She being a Doctor justified our meal by tauting the nutritional value and the antioxidend properties. Hey, good enough for me, she's the Doctor! We washed it all down with some chocolate milkshakes. By the end, we were both in a chocolate coma and in need of life support. If death by chocolate is in my future...pull the plug!

Sounds fabulous! One of the GOLD medal winners of the international pastry contests opened up a chocolate shop in town. I've always been to chicken to go in, figuring I'd rob the place. :eusa_doh:

VB

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
there is a chocolate factory up the road from me. literally 15 mins away. it's glorious. if you go on a tour they give you a sample. but the sample is never big enough. i wonder if i hide before they close, if i can jump into a big melting pot of chocolate...

it's where Cadbury's originated. the town of Bournville (also a dark chocolate bar) was purpose built in 1879 to house the factory and it's workers. how cool is that?
and the museum bit is even better...
it has all of the old machines and adverts from way back.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
MaryDeluxe said:
okay for all you chocolate lovers out there....here's what I've decided to do for my Birthday in Feb!!! You know that little chocolate company called Hershey's well they got themselves a little spa action going on! ;) ;)

http://www.hersheypa.com/accommodations/the_spa_at_hotel_hershey/

:D :D :D
All I need is a jar of peanut butter and I'm all set!!

If I smuggled a jar of peanut butter into the spa I'd probably get arrested! lol

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
I confess that I am a hard core chocaholic and have been for a very long time. The sweet stuff is good but make mine dark, the darker the better.
Nothing is quite as satisfying after a good meal with a fine wine than a nice piece of dark chocolate to seal the deal. With a good red wine, of course.

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
I know I'm on a diet but my favorite chocolate bar is ...

display_image.jpg

I won't consider myself a chocaholic by any means. I only get 'em once in a while on impulse buy when it's right in front of your face. ;)

Bill Taylor

One of the Regulars
Ultimate Chocolate Control

When I was a little kid, probably in third grade in the late 1930s, each Monday the teacher would bring a Hershey chocolate bar to school. At each morning recess she would carefully break off one of the little squares and eat it. Same thing at afternoon recess. The candy bar would last her the entire week. That is true chocolate control, although maybe a result of the depression attitude as well.

This was an era when a store bought candy bar was a big treat that maybe happened every two or three weeks, if that. But strangely, we often made fudge at home, probably a couple of times a week. Or sometimes, it was Peanut Butter Fudge, which was regular fudge with about a small jar of peanut butter stirred in.

Since moving from San Francisco, we have to order our See's Candy, which we love. Of course, it's not available here in Alabama so it's sort of like waiting for the catalog mail order to come.

Bill

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe said:
okay for all you chocolate lovers out there....here's what I've decided to do for my Birthday in Feb!!! You know that little chocolate company called Hershey's well they got themselves a little spa action going on! ;) ;)

http://www.hersheypa.com/accommodations/the_spa_at_hotel_hershey/

and after I get done there I'm a gonna go here....

http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/in_hershey/chocolate_world.html

:D :D :D
All I need is a jar of peanut butter and I'm all set!!

I was supposed to go there for my brithday last year! My birthday is in Feb. also! Mines Feb. 5th. Have fun and Happy birthday!:)

Samantha

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
retrogirl1941 said:
I was supposed to go there for my brithday last year! My birthday is in Feb. also! Mines Feb. 5th. Have fun and Happy birthday!:)

Samantha

Mine is Feb 10...thank you and happy B-day to you also!

Miss retrogirl are you by chance a relocated local???

Josephine

One Too Many
The Husband has a Creme Egg.

He, so far, is refusing to give both it, and the location on which he found it, up.

He is no match for me, however. The previous two he had became mine, and this one too, will become mine.

Oh, yes, it will.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Stumbling upon this thread I must attempt to resurrect it...

Personal favorite common chocolate is a Swiss Toblerone bar...

Specialty is a medium chocolate with a hint of pepper...

Vanilla ice cream topped with Raisinets in the summer...

And during the holidays Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark...

Now watch "Chocolat" with your favorite girl.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
In my fondest dreams I jump off a diving board and do an absolutely perfect swan dive into a huge vat of Swiss milk chocolate. In the meantime, I struggle daily to overcome my addiction to Hershey's kisses.

HepKitty

One Too Many
I'm not against eating baking chocolate either. For my birthday this year I got a few bars of nice chocolate from dear Anna. One of them was 92%. Honestly, it was delicious! I actually shared it even, with another chocolate fiend: my tkd teacher.

I used to be ok with Hershey's chocolate. Then I lived in Europe and can't stand most mainstream American chocolate. I like peanut butter twix but that's about it.

Someone a while ago, before this thread could collect cyberdust, a lack of varieties of filled or flavored chocolates in Europe. the Stollwerck factory (also a museum, yes samples at the end of the tour) in Koeln has tons, especially in the summer. Coffee (my fave), peppermint, lemon, orange (love all these too) the list goes on. The label for these (when I was there in 95-96) was Alpia, pink wrapper.

einmal auf deutsch: http://www.schokoladenmuseum.de/

and for the English speakers: http://www.chocolatemuseum-cologne.com/

Not that ads belong in this thread, really, but it's not kooky enough for the other vintage ad threads. I wonder what this Swing bar is all about

http://webexpedition18.com/articles/splendid-vintage-chocolate-ads/

Tried pulling just the photo but couldn't get it to work. I give up

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda