Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Jacket No 2 - Alexanders Leathers "Donkey Jacket"

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
The unlined heavy wool Filson-type cruiser is the US garment I can think of that's nearest to the British donkey jacket, also usually unlined and heavy wool. Similar proportions, too - and worn either with or without room for layering.

And both old-style work garments appropriated and appreciated by the urban young

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Cordwrangler, I was just preparing to say the same thing although you beat me to the punch. I have tried on this one in size 42 Extra Long and found it fits me perfectly, and it would be in my closet today if I weren't already inundated with jackets. It's why I am mostly looking and drooling all over myself on various websites rather than buying.

http://www.filson.com/products/mack...Product=mens/coats-jackets&fmetaProduct=1011/

The Seattle (slim) fit is on sale (reduced price) but Seattle fit is not available in Extra Long.

http://www.filson.com/products/mackinaw-cruiser-seattle-fit.10400.html

Last edited:

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
It's not often I get to add anything useful, so thanks for holding back and letting me get my 2c in!

It's the part of the season for looking at outdoor gear rather than using it... :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It's not often I get to add anything useful, so thanks for holding back and letting me get my 2c in!

It's the part of the season for looking at outdoor gear rather than using it... :)

I didn't hold back; I am a very competitive guy. You got me on this one. :D lol

Levity aside, the Filson Mackinaw Cruiser is a fantastic, understated coat. I much prefer the simpler, unlined product over their others. I am like a small child in a toy store when I try on stuff at Filson's flagship store in downtown Seattle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy