Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Churchill Beaver 100 Vicuna

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks to be from the later end of the run. Very stiff but equally smooth.

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Yes, it is pretty stiff, but if you cut it down, it'll "snap" well. I'm glad you got it alright. Happy, I hope?

Saving it for the grand kids college fund someday, or turning it over?

fedoracentric

Banned
OK, I was watching a Churchill 100 last week but it went for more than I wanted to pay. Someone earlier wondered if the Churchill 100s were only sold a Neiman-Marcus, but this hat has an imprint of a company called "Hastings" in Calif. So, that theory is down for the count. Also, this one is not a silverbelly colored hat! It is also an Open Road-styled fedora, not a western as most in this thread seem to be.

Here are some of the photos I took from the auction.
churchill_100_01.jpg
churchill_100_02.jpg
churchill_100_03.jpg
churchill_100_04.jpg

Some interesting differences compared to the others here thus far.

John Galt

Vendor
Nice one! I did not see the auction - I'll have to tweak my saved searches. This one looks pretty soft - the one I sold Garret was pretty stiff. Great color too...

fedoracentric

Banned
I'd have loved to feel that one to see, but with that deep a crease, I'd guess you are right about how soft it is. I think it is so odd that it is a "Beaver" 100 "with vicuna" fur. So...uh... it isn't a 100% beaver hat because there is also vicuna with it. Still, it is 100% fur felt, though. Confusing. I emailed the seller when he first put it up (he wouldn't take $150 as a buy it now, darn it) and he said that the liner was a bit sweat stained but because it was a dark brown liner you really couldn't tell too easily. He said that all the tags were missing, though.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Here is the Churchill 100 Vicuña I picked up on Goodwill. The site showed the hat, the box, but the sweat was out of focus and you could barely tell it said Churchill followed by three lines. The color is a sweet dark chocolate brown, the pics keep showing it black.

I went all in on the hat; my skyhigh bid turned out to be unnecessary because only one other person noticed and bid on it. Final price: $86.

Sorry some of my pics come in upside-down. My iPad plays tricks on me.

DAA04146-8B5C-4048-A256-4CEB66319742.jpeg ADC4AB9E-CCD0-402B-AF69-53AACEB918EA.jpeg BEF50CF1-6C76-4235-A396-EBC7C44C7BDE.jpeg 7AD30D37-323A-47E8-81EF-F92493F7FA3F.jpeg BB5B8B45-E7B4-4961-BD1C-92C2A2EA0FEE.jpeg A43EE588-EEF6-468B-B510-17B145FC1136.jpeg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Here is the Churchill 100 Vicuña I picked up on Goodwill. The site showed the hat, the box, but the sweat was out of focus and you could barely tell it said Churchill followed by three lines. The color is a sweet dark chocolate brown, the pics keep showing it black.

I went all in on the hat; my skyhigh bid turned out to be unnecessary because only one other person noticed and bid on it. Final price: $86.

View attachment 154286 View attachment 154287 View attachment 154292 View attachment 154289 View attachment 154290 View attachment 154291
Qué suerte, Daniel!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Mark70

New in Town

What an incredible find Daniel! That is one sweet lid!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy