Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Civilian A-2

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
Several of the learned posters on VLJ have mentioned a likeness to the Werber? Along with the Roughwear one of my favourite contracters. Might do a bit more research on them...

It doesn't remind me of either really. :confused: There were hundreds of brands duplicating A-2s, so it could be anyone.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
GREAT jacket...

PENSACOLA said:
Let's stay on the topic of the prior gentleman's post--his beautiful Civilian jacket...

Hear-Hear!! It's great to be able to share our knowledge and love for jackets in here and to honour those that have found a real winner like this one!!!

It really does look good on you Mike. I loved the old Irvin you had, but now this A-2 can be worn in oh-so-many-more situations and weather conditions!! Plus, the coolness of a 60-year-old hide just cannot be emulated like that. You have got a definite winner there and the patina is just to die for!! Christmas comes early to some folks eh :eusa_clap

Any comments out on the street yet from admirers? because you have built it with that look and now they will come!! ;)

Rufus

Practically Family
Great Jacket Mike, and as mentioned by others, you look great!
Love the hairstyle!

The patina on that jacket is fantastic... pity you can't know it's tales and tribulations over the decades...

Ruf

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
Excellent jacket mike.Every time i see a picture of you,posing in your Irvin,and now your civilian A2 jacket,i am really cheered up for some reason.perhaps,like you said,you have an old fashioned face or it could be the hair cut,but you always compliment vintage jackets like no one i have ever seen.
I have been trying myself to get a civilian A2 jacket for quite a while now,ever since seeing a few,sported by the hero in a few 1950's sci fi movies,unfortunately,most that i see come up,have larger,longer pockets and have those hand warmer slits in the sides.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
rgraham said:
You didn't happen to have a relative with the initials of J.D. did you? ;)

No JD's in my family I'm afraid rgraham, although the likeness is spooky :eek:
Although if I went into his style of 'banking' think how many more jackets I could get... (where's a tommy gun weilding smiley when you need him!:eusa_doh: )

On a mildly interesting tangent, as we're talking about having a certain 'look', as well as jackets... here's my maternal grandfather Charley, who has it down to a tee :eusa_clap
scan-1.jpg
Charley.jpg

Not that much of a family resemblance,(No more than Granpappy Dillinger lol ) but I guess I must get my locks from him. Family resemblances deserves a whole thread of it's own though... (I think it's been touched on in the vintage family photo's thread)

As for the jacket, I'm afraid it's graced the back of a chair more than my back, as I've had little opportunity to wear it of late. (I know, I should be making opportunities! ;) ) Looking forward to wearing it at the weekend though!
Thanks to all for the kind comments. :eek: I'm pretty sure unless someone turns up an identical jacket with a label, we will only ever be able to speculate on a maker. But until then all the guesswork and huntches is good fun, and it doesn't stop me appreciating a great looking jacket :cool:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
where can we source the correct, or at least close to correct wool knits and waistband for replacement? the ww2 type is a worsted, "double section" knit, has a ring of one type of pattern near the root and a worsted pattern for the main part. but even orchard in new york can't get the original anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24