Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarisonic?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
fortworthgal said:
The Neutrogena and the Sally I-Skin that someone else posted appear to be the same type product, they come with disposable microdermabrasion pads. I don't think they are actual brushes you can use with your own product.

I totally forgot that I have this set:
http://www.amazon.com/Conair-MDF2R-Facial-Sauna-Timer/dp/B00005A9WP/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I picked it up a couple of years ago at Ulta for around $25. I use the steamer every so often (and my husband borrows it to steam hats sometimes). Anyway, I forgot I had the facial brush so I dug it out and used it this morning. I figure I'll use it for a while and see how I like it, and then I can add the Pretika or Clarisonic to my Christmas list. ;)

hehe i have that set too...and i do use the steamer...

but i fear i have ruined the brush by using it with cold cream...i figured that gee...if oil breaks up oil....why not try and help the cream do its just rather then sitting there...so every once in a while i brush the cold cream around face for a while....:eek:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I thought about using it with cold cream! But I was afraid I'd clog up the brush too much. Hmm...

I know people who use the Clarisonic talk about washing the brush (I know you can detach those Conair heads) and then rinsing or spraying it with rubbing alcohol. That might work well.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm bumping this thread because I just bit the bullet and bought myself the Mia2 after a month of using the Olay brush. So far, I *love* it! I have pretty good skin without any real issues (other than blackheads on the nose) so I wasn't expecting much, but being a product whore, I still wanted to try it. I'm impressed at how clean & smooth it has left my skin, and my blackheads are definitely much-reduced.

Anyone have cleanser recommendations? I have dry skin and typically use cold cream or Albolene, which I know I can't use with the Mia. I am currently using Lacura (Aldi brand) hydrating cleanser, which is a non-foaming lotion type cleanser. I love it and it is very inexpensive (under $3 for a 9 oz bottle), but Aldi has a bad habit of discontinuing products I like, so I feel like I need to have a backup plan. The Sephora SA recommended Philosophy Purity Made Simple, but I found it much too drying for my skin. I'm open to drugstore or department store/Sephora products.

Last edited:

missjones

New in Town
i have troubled skin and use cleansers that are intended to assist with those issues, so i don't have any recommendations that would suit dry skin. i just had to pop in to say that i also have a Clarisonic Mia and i too purchased mine after trying out the Olay Pro-X. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran