Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claus Porto

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
In my move to recreate my life with 'things of quality' and not keep doing the 'things of quantity' approach, I am trying to boil products down to one stellar thing in each category of my life.

so...has anyone here used Claus Porto stuff?

The packaging is darling, but that hardly makes it great if the stuff inside is not nice, so wanting opinions and if you have used them, reviews of what the scent you had was....

http://www.clausporto.com/catalogo/

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
katiemakeup said:
I have never heard of this, but the packaging is beautiful!

See I have been running into their products for years...it tickles me that they are portuguese and it says things on each soap in portuguese.

But I have never bought them. Of course now they are trendy.....

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss.Monroe said:
Helo :)
Hey, I'm portuguese! I love these soaps and their smell!
Do you want me to translate something?
Bye :D

Tem uma fragância que mais gosta? Queiro saber qual. E um dos sabonetes grandes, sao duradouros?
Obrigada para oferta de traduzir mas falo Portugues do Brasil.

Denise

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I use it. I am partial to their Almond soap and body lotion. It's very nice, the soap lathers well, the packaging is gorgeous, and it smells heavenly. My boyfriend's skin seems to be reacting to it negatively however (The Favorito Poppy scent), though I'm ok with it.

There's a place in NYC where you can get the brand deeply discounted on Fridays-I have purchased all my soap for $3 a bar or less. Planning a trip here anytime soon?

It's this store's outlet: http://www.lafcony.com/clausporto/index.php

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Yes, I use it. I am partial to their Almond soap and body lotion. It's very nice, the soap lathers well, the packaging is gorgeous, and it smells heavenly. My boyfriend's skin seems to be reacting to it negatively however (The Favorito Poppy scent), though I'm ok with it.

There's a place in NYC where you can get the brand deeply discounted on Fridays-I have purchased all my soap for $3 a bar or less. Planning a trip here anytime soon?

It's this store's outlet: http://www.lafcony.com/clausporto/index.php

Ooooh...now I have a questions for you...does the Almond one smell like almonds at -all-? I had a tragic Marzipan incident in my youth. And it makes me laugh that the name in Portuguese of the 'almond' one is actually Lettuce, so I wonder if it is at all green smelling.

And the poppy....what sort of smell is it? I know words are meagre descriptors for smell....but try? That's one of the ones I am most curious about, so some idea would be cool.

and sadly, not going to NY....but -you- are coming here! *kidding kidding*

Miss_Bella_Hell

Actually, I'm bringing a few bars for my family anyway. If I get to the city I'll pick up a couple for you. Which scents would you prefer? It's not a problem. They're cheap! The ones that are $3 are usually open but completly intact. I think the sealed ones are $4 or $5.

It's possible I may not get into the city though. But if I do I will certainly swing by the Lafco outlet.

The poppy smells more or less like a typical soap smell but with a slightly floral sweetness. A very classic, pleasing "soap" smell.

The almond I have only been using as body lotion (the soap is in its package on my bathroom shelf) and indeed it does smell like almonds. Or rather, like sweet almond oil. I LOVE it and want everything to smell like almonds now. lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Actually, I'm bringing a few bars for my family anyway. If I get to the city I'll pick up a couple for you. Which scents would you prefer? It's not a problem. They're cheap! The ones that are $3 are usually open but completly intact. I think the sealed ones are $4 or $5.

It's possible I may not get into the city though. But if I do I will certainly swing by the Lafco outlet.

The poppy smells more or less like a typical soap smell but with a slightly floral sweetness. A very classic, pleasing "soap" smell.

The almond I have only been using as body lotion (the soap is in its package on my bathroom shelf) and indeed it does smell like almonds. Or rather, like sweet almond oil. I LOVE it and want everything to smell like almonds now. lol

OK....so no almonds for me..*shudders* I am traumatized and cannot have almond smelling products.

Am most interested in the Poppy, the Voga (acacia tuberose), Lelite (orange amber)

But seriously if you manage a trip there ....anything besides the Almond would make my year.....

Miss_Bella_Hell

Ok! I'll see what I can do. Nice to have a sampler before actually choosing a scent, right? :) Also, I am more than happy to pick you up a bar or three anytime I go there once you know what you like. Even with shipping it'll cost you way less!!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Ok! I'll see what I can do. Nice to have a sampler before actually choosing a scent, right? :) Also, I am more than happy to pick you up a bar or three anytime I go there once you know what you like. Even with shipping it'll cost you way less!!

Cool...and yes...that was sort of why I was asking for descriptions and people who have used them to tell me, because large bar of soap means to try...I have to use that one for a good while...

Although they did have mixed scent guest soap packs for christmas, and I was pondering that ...

Bella the soap pusher? ;)

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
Love it

I love their bath soap!!! I have sensitive cranky skin that's picky about scented products. Aparently it also has expensive taste, because Claus Porto soap has never made me break out.

And they smell heavenly!!!

It's a major splurge, though, so I alternate with a less expensive triple milled soap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy