Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clinch Engineer Boots - Help! I can't get them off

hd3kmize

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new here. I thought I'd reach out to this well seasoned community and get some advice on removing Clinch engineer boots. I've been very fortunate to have acquired a couple of pair of Clinch engineer boots in horsehide, CN-wide last. They take a little effort to pull on with the built in pull straps. Nothing unexpected. They fit like socks once they are on. To remove them is an exercise in futility! I have a pair that I have worn through my rotation of boots for about a year and it's still a struggle to get them off. I have a high instep, so I am sure that doesn't help. I almost prefer not to wear them when I think about the effort it takes to get them off. They way to nice to just look at. Does anyone have the secret formula for getting these boots to break in enough so the removal process is less taxing and time consuming?

Thank in advance for any advice!

Peacoat

Bartender
I've been using a boot jack for 35+ years. Only way to go. Here is a link to one at Amazon:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112