Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

-------Closed---------

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Why do you want to get rid of that nice Homburg? I would hang on to it if I were you, and save up and buy a Whippet on eBay or from a Lounger. As nice as that Homburg is, I doubt you'll get many takers because a vintage Whippet is one of those sought-after "prestige" hats that fedora enthusiasts have a special fondness for. The Homburg has its niche with a number of devout fans around here, but it's not a "bread and butter" hat like the Whippet and Whippet-style fedoras. Maybe someone who has too many Whippets and a need for a good Homburg wouldn't mind trading with you, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. I do wish you good luck, though. I'd probably give you $100 outright for it if it were in my size. If you're determined that you want to get rid of it, you'd probably have better luck selling it on eBay and then taking that money and putting it towards a Whippet.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Mr E Train said:
Why do you want to get rid of that nice Homburg? I would hang on to it if I were you, and save up and buy a Whippet on eBay or from a Lounger. As nice as that Homburg is, I doubt you'll get many takers because a vintage Whippet is one of those sought-after "prestige" hats that fedora enthusiasts have a special fondness for. The Homburg has its niche with a number of devout fans around here, but it's not a "bread and butter" hat like the Whippet and Whippet-style fedoras. Maybe someone who has too many Whippets and a need for a good Homburg wouldn't mind trading with you, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope. I do wish you good luck, though. I'd probably give you $100 outright for it if it were in my size. If you're determined that you want to get rid of it, you'd probably have better luck selling it on eBay and then taking that money and putting it towards a Whippet.
Should I just post it for sale then?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
StetsonHomburg said:
Should I just post it for sale then?

That would probably be your best bet if you don't want it anymore. It's hard to find a trade for a specific hat for another specific hat that is a very different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt