Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothes that fit your age

Easy to be free.

Paisley said:
I'd still rather not wear clothes that say "ingenue," or worse, scream "available."

Actually today's women and girls wear clothes that screams either "EASY" or even worse "SEX TOY."

Here the push is that women should be respected and the bar keeps getting lowered.

ortega76

Practically Family
I can identify with the difficulty of dressing appropritely for one's age. I'm 30, so I was raised on a steady diet of denim, t-shirts and sneakers. My wardrobe is split between the sub-casual (mostly t-shirts and jeans) and the business-like. I wear a uniform (polo shirt and chinos) to work, so my challenge is to find pieces that are in-between. Casual but not formal.

It's especially rough since I live in a college town where people show up to fairly nice places dressed in jeans. That's why I've fallen in to the jeans with a blazer crowd. Trendy, I know, but it's a trend that I can support. It allows me to mix in some of my more structured pieces with my sneakers and jeans. Equal parts rugged and urbane. Helpful for the days when I'm in "step-dad" mode.

Hondo

One Too Many
ortega76 said:
I can identify with the difficulty of dressing appropritely for one's age. I'm 30, so I was raised on a steady diet of denim, t-shirts and sneakers. My wardrobe is split between the sub-casual (mostly t-shirts and jeans) and the business-like. I wear a uniform (polo shirt and chinos) to work, so my challenge is to find pieces that are in-between. Casual but not formal.

When I was in my 30's, I did try the trendy look, but...times and money have changed. I'm over 50 and probably dress similar but without the blazer, I'll take a black sportcoat if having dinner, the only coat I own. Still I do need to act dress my age, sometimes too casual. Nothing wrong with that, picky, picky, picky:p

Lord Jagged

New in Town
My very good friend made an observation like this following a business trip to Barcelona. He was struck by how many "Brits" waiting in the airport were dressed "inappropriately". Well at least to his eyes. He said there were so many grandparents looking like clones of their thuggish offspring. I blame the sports outlets for selling Adidas sportswear to septegenarians.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Hondo said:
I do laugh at the guy who wears those shorts below the knees with converse sneakers, pierce ear rings and tattoos who looks about 40, time for a change dude.

Well, you pretty much just described my current day look to a T, guy.

As a professional tattoo artist it's almost expected of me - a uniform of sorts - though I do try to bring a little more adult style to it.

I completely understand what you are saying, and to a great extent I agree, but in my case that particular look at age 40 earns me better than 100k a year. Ironically, I looked and dressed as conservative as they come at age 30and made about 18k. Time for a change?

You bet it was.
-MC

Hondo

One Too Many
Matt Crunk said:
Well, you pretty much just described my current day look to a T, guy.

As a professional tattoo artist it's almost expected of me - a uniform of sorts - though I do try to bring a little more adult style to it.

I completely understand what you are saying, and to a great extent I agree, but in my case that particular look at age 40 earns me better than 100k a year. Ironically, I looked and dressed as conservative as they come at age 30and made about 18k. Time for a change?

You bet it was.
-MC

I may laugh but I'll also respect you with how ever you dress, if thats you, kids probably think your cool cat ;) So whatever man, its cool!
For me, I need a change cause of my age (over 50) I am tired looking like a bum :eusa_doh: Carry on dude :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt