Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Collars....Who's Got 'Em

belmondo

New in Town
And where did you find them? Club collar shirts are becoming an obsession for me. I love the way they look pinned, with a knit tie, the intersection of Mod and Ivy League. I'm looking to hopefully get a few made, maybe even one with a tab fastening. Mytailor.com does them. Are they a reputable company? I'm wary of Thailand internet tailors. I'm also wary of spending £150 Made to Measure at Brooks Brothers.

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
I don't have any, but would love to get some. I love collar bars, but most of my shirts have collars that are too spread for them. I only have one or two shirts where I can wear one. If you decide to order from mytailor.com then please update us as to the quality.

belmondo

New in Town
Either gonna do Mytailor or Jantzen. You can get them made on the Brooks Bros Website. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/selectshirts/selectshirts.tem
127 bucks a shirt, but they don't use measurements. I'll use that as a last resort, if nothing else goes well. I'm looking to get a club collar, all white oxford with a tab fastening and a blue striped oxford with white club collar and white french cuffs. one with a tab, one for a pin. I'll let you know.

Jovan

Suspended
I suggest just getting a normal club collar, but without the tab collar closure. A collar bar will do you just fine, and makes it more versatile depending on what look you want.

I own a Brooks Brothers club collar shirt -- it's not bad, but probably not as well made as MyTailor or Jantzen. It also includes collar stays for some bizarre reason. Matt Deckard here has gotten MyTailor shirts with great results. See this thread.

M. Jeffroy

New in Town
Here are two of mine, both made for me by a small tailor in Dallas. The first is light pink broadcloth with white collar and French cuffs. The second is light gray with a windowpane texture and has French cuffs also. I always wear them pinned, and I enjoy their extra bit of quirky formality.

ClubCollar.jpg

ClubCollar2.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
I don't follow you -- how come mine has them then? AlanC and Orgetrix also own the same shirt (steal from a reseller on OFAS), and can tell you the same thing. I'll even take pictures!

Feraud

Bartender
Jovan said:
I don't follow you -- how come mine has them then? AlanC and Orgetrix also own the same shirt (steal from a reseller on OFAS), and can tell you the same thing. I'll even take pictures!
We have a misunderstanding of terms. I am referring to collar stays in the vintage sense. The little metal thingies that you clip on to the collar. The Brooks Bros. club collars are to wide to accept these stays.

Picture6071.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails