Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Code of conduct. WPG ITEMS MADE IN PAKISTAN OR INDIA

AdeeC

Practically Family
With globalisation, international manufacturing, companies will frog leap from country to country as these "developing" countries start to develop. I wonder when this will grind to a halt. Wealthy countries are now like a suburb of a rich city where there are mostly service industries and poor countries are the industrial wastelands. Resource rich countries ride the boom and bust cycles. With the pressure of modern capitalism for continued growth, a world wide economic collapse may send the world back to the dark ages and the poorest societies that have maintained some semblance of self sufficiency and basic life skills will the best equiped to handle it.

Edward

Bartender
I think TK Maxx was set up just for those people.

Heh, don't get me started on them.... Last year, I found the perfect, baby blue, Elvis-does-Tupelo blazer in there.... until I turned it round, and some daft hipster designer had thought it a good idea to add elbow patches. Dark navy ones. You know, like on Tweed, yeah, but, like, different? Gah.....

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Heh, don't get me started on them.... Last year, I found the perfect, baby blue, Elvis-does-Tupelo blazer in there.... until I turned it round, and some daft hipster designer had thought it a good idea to add elbow patches. Dark navy ones. You know, like on Tweed, yeah, but, like, different? Gah.....

TK Maxx....you hate it and you love it, but it depends on what you are looking for, more like a treasure hunt. But so far, no luck for me in the mens' clothing department while my partner just unearthed a Gloverall duffle coat intended for the Japanese market at 1/8 of it's original price. I am only interested in looking at the cooking utensils section.

Edward

Bartender
TK Maxx....you hate it and you love it, but it depends on what you are looking for, more like a treasure hunt. But so far, no luck for me in the mens' clothing department while my partner just unearthed a Gloverall duffle coat intended for the Japanese market at 1/8 of it's original price. I am only interested in looking at the cooking utensils section.

Chanced nito one in Brighton last July, and came out with a nice collection of the original Conan the Barbarian stories for a pound! You can pick up nice bits here and there in them, but you do have to approach it like a jumble sale. I've seen some cracking reductions on good shoes in there too.

CBI

One Too Many
Tough and complex issue having so much to do with human nature. As someone mentioned above, make change/vote with your wallet. It can be very effective........catch.......if enough of us do it.

Otter

One Too Many
Chanced nito one in Brighton last July, and came out with a nice collection of the original Conan the Barbarian stories for a pound! You can pick up nice bits here and there in them, but you do have to approach it like a jumble sale. I've seen some cracking reductions on good shoes in there too.

Conan gets a bad press these days, probably due to all the poor film versions. If you dig out one of the Robert E Howard collections (The Complete Chronicles of Conan is a good start) you might well find some entertaining well written stories.

Edward

Bartender
Conan gets a bad press these days, probably due to all the poor film versions. If you dig out one of the Robert E Howard collections (The Complete Chronicles of Conan is a good start) you might well find some entertaining well written stories.

I think this is one of those. The latest film was pretty good, I thought: very much more like the comic book version I read in the eightirs than the Arnie films, which were.... Of their time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112