Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Collar Bars

Shfle

New in Town
Just search for pin collar shirt on UK ebay, there is a fair selection on there, including several with club/double round style collars and a few arrow pointed collars, the last time I looked.

They mostly have contrasting collar/cuffs though, not many without, so depends on what you are looking for. Not the greatest quality shirts, obviously for £20-£25, but the one I have fits well and seems pretty well made/stitched. I'm sure they'll ship worldwide, have just checked one and they do.

I'm pretty sure some of Jermyn St. Shirtmakers do them too, but I'm not sure which ones, as I don't like any of their collars (Pretty sure T.M. Lewin is one though).

As for collar bars, I've finally managed to get one from ebay. They seem to be almost unheard of in the UK, where collar pin seems to be the only option.

Edward

Bartender
Lewin have two nice-lloking options in their current catalogue - London Fitted Plain White Pin-Collar http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/London-Fit...llarShape&start=0&cgid=Mens-Shirts&prefv1=Pin and London Slim Fit Burgundy White Stripe Pin Collar. http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/London-Sli...llarShape&start=0&cgid=Mens-Shirts&prefv1=Pin

Do note that these are skinny, tailored fit types.... While a number of the High Street places these days are doing this sort of variation in their collar shapes, it only seems to be available in the really-tight fit shirts cut for eighteen year old anorexics or people who wear a collar size about three tiems over what they actually should be... I can't comprehend it, myself - there's a big market for 'classic' or 'regular fit'... (I buy mine in Charles Tyrwhitt), but why must they assume those of us who require or prefer that aren't interested in anything other than one, very basic collar style? It's a shame, because if Tyrwhitt but added spear points and roundedcollars, with and without pinholes, to their classic fit range I'd never feel the need to go elsewhere.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I like the striped one, and the white one had an interesting texture. Might order one of each once I have some money.

Edward

Bartender
I've seen them in person and they are very nice. I'd have one of each if they only did them in a decent regular fit.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Here is the "100% Cotton" collar bar by Stacy Adams. It seems pretty good quality.
R0omqGJ.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto