Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cologne and perfume

adouglasmhor

Familiar Face
Corduroy by Zirh
zirh-international-corduroy-fragrance-for-men-by-zirh-international-eau-de-toilette-spray-4-2-oz.jpg

or anything by Dolma
Dolma+After+Shaves.png

Or some of Marks and Spencer's stuff.
c8d27bcb418d9676276290b9af3fd47821e09c9f.jpg

woodspice-aftershave.jpg

d5c466e46cba09502ebd11faab4f026fc90a03b8.jpg

But more often I smell of
mysore_sandal_soap350.jpg

Or
chandrikasoap-m.jpg

nightshade13

New in Town
Among my favorites are:

• Amouage Homage Attar
  • Creed Millesime Imperial
  • YSL Rive Gauche
  • Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
  • Creed Verveine Narcisse
  • Amouage Jubilation XXV
  • Ralph Lauren Polo Modern Reserve

But of course, depending on the day, my favorites may change quite a bit. I have a small obsession with fragrances (and these are just my full-sized bottles):

100_1340.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I wear Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. It's a very classic scent with overtones of true vanilla, not the sickeningly sweet variety.

Sometimes I wear Thierry Mugler's Angel, but the parfum is quite strong, so I spritz it sparingly.

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
My newest fragrance and, effective immediately, my favorite one: Jaipur by Boucheron, a french perfumery. A very orientalic, sweet, heavy scent - ideal for coming fall...

8a589c457280e73ff96114f68056723ebe064d0d.jpg

Notes Top Note: Lime, Bergamot, Cardamom, Lemon Middle Note: Carnation, Cinnamon, Jasmine, Rose Base Note: Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Benzoin, Cedar.

Marzena

One of the Regulars
Jean Patou Mille
Guerlain L'instant
Chanel Coco
and YSL Paris

all very feminine IMHO , but not straightforward, with some mystery and intrigue about them.

I am waiting for the modernised version of "Soir de Paris" by Coty which is soon to be re introduced. Now, that was the legendary fragrance of Europe's 1940s! Heady, musky, almost, but never quite, tarty. Indeed, what you would always hope a fragrance would do for you.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
I've been a long time user of the original Polo. I recently recieved a small bottle of 'Dekkar Noir' as a gift. I like this one more I must say. It is of course very common and hip which is both good and bad. It's strong so a little goes a long way.

rayban

New in Town
My favorite pertumes/colognes? This is (and has been for many years) the content of my scent 'boudoir':

-Dunhill Cologne (Delicious. The original scent going back to the '30's. It can still be found)
-Knize Ten (life without it is impossible)
-Tabarôme special reserve by Creed: surely the ultimate tobacco (leather?)scent
-Royal English Leather by Creed. The name says it all.
-Santa Maria Novella's Melograno and Zagara (always put a smile on my face)
-Penhaligon's Castile, English Fern and Hammam Bouquet never cease to amaze me
-Trumpers Eucris, Spanish Leather, Skye, Ajaccio Violets and Eau de Quinine make my day
-Floid (menthol scented cologne, delicious, cheap. Comes in a half a liter bottle)
when temperatures go up. Can be used as a splash-on
-Dominican Bayrum

Forgot to add Old Spice (If I manage to find it)

Sometimes I think I choose the wrong profession

Last edited:

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
My favorite pertumes/colognes? This is (and has been for many years) the content of my scent 'boudoir':

-Dunhill Cologne (the original scent going back to the '30's. It can still be found)
-Knize Ten (life without it is impossible)
-Tabarôme special reserve by Creed
-Royal English Leather by Creed
-Santa Maria Novella's Melograno and Zagara (always put a smile on my face)
-Penhaligon's Castile, English Fern and Hammam Bouquet never cease to amaze me
-Trumpers Eucris, Spanish Leather, Skye, Ajaccio Violets and Eau de Quinine make my day
-Floid (menthol scented cologne, delicious, cheap. Comes in a half a liter bottle)
-Dominican Bayrum

Sometimes I think I choose the wrong profess ion

GREAT choices. Have you tried Trumper's Curzon? You might like it based on these others. Knize Ten (especially the Golden Edition) is quickly becoming my signature scent.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Some women have closets full of clothes or shoes, I had drawers full of perfume. At one time I had over 80 bottles...and I was considered a novice collector on the perfume lovers website I used to frequent. One gal owned over 400 bottles! It got to the point it was taking way too long to pick out one perfume to wear, so I pared my collection down to 3 bottles:

Chanel No. 5 (of course, it's the classic)
Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere
Estee Lauder White Linen

steve the hat guy

New in Town
I I used to be into all sorts of different colognes, in fact I would have at least two different ones per season, but now I have simplified. I have gone back to the basics, Old Spice. I know to some of you guys I sure that is downright plebian, but my wife likes it, I get compliments from people on it and it reminds me of my dad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21