Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cologne and perfume

DanielCoffey

Familiar Face
I like my Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet - it has a lovely lime/juniper "G&T" smell. My wife has settled on the Penhaligons English Fern which smells like a walk in an English woodland - woody and green.

HepKitty

One Too Many
DanielCoffey said:
I like my Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet - it has a lovely lime/juniper "G&T" smell. My wife has settled on the Penhaligons English Fern which smells like a walk in an English woodland - woody and green.

the woody and green one sounds nice

HepKitty

One Too Many
Adcurium said:
I thought both of these men were Creed Men? At least that's what I told my wife when she asked why I spent soo much on cologne...

Tell your wife that cheap cologne smells... well... cheap. And that expensive cologne really is worth the extra money. I don't know what it is but there is something ikky about cheap perfumes

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
HepKitty said:
Tell your wife that cheap cologne smells... well... cheap. And that expensive cologne really is worth the extra money.
True, but there's expensive and then there's Creed. ;)

filfoster

One Too Many
A rose is a rose

NO ONE in our headquarters office wears cologne and survives the water cooler assassination. There are only a few brave enough to and they are ridiculed. I honestly don't know why-it's not overpowering but just not accepted.

Wearing cologne was a perfectly normal thing to do when I grew up in the '50's/'60's. Somehow, it has changed.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
daily: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum aftershave. the classic.

date night/going out/special occasions: "Satyr" by Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs. smells like having sex in the woods, or so the ladies tell my wife....:) very sensitive to personal chemistry though.

HepKitty

One Too Many
filfoster said:
NO ONE in our headquarters office wears cologne and survives the water cooler assassination. There are only a few brave enough to and they are ridiculed. I honestly don't know why-it's not overpowering but just not accepted.

Wearing cologne was a perfectly normal thing to do when I grew up in the '50's/'60's. Somehow, it has changed.

One of the problems with newer perfumes is the "sensitizing" chemicals they contain, which give a lot of people headaches, even if they're not too heavy or overdone. Never mind that the perfumes are too strong or some ditzes don't know not to bathe in them. Problem that I have with most new perfumes, headaches and nosebleeds aside, is that they don't smell good at all. I know this will sound strange but they smell empty to me. They have no depth or layers.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I agree, there is nothing more off-putting than too much scent on either sex, or shops and department stores that reek to the high heavens, an olfactory assault if you like - hideous! I am currently trying to train my son in the art of subtle application of cologne, rather than stepping out smelling like a tarts boudoir! I'm not winning sadly. :eusa_doh:

HepKitty

One Too Many
Miss sofia said:
I agree, there is nothing more off-putting than too much scent on either sex, or shops and department stores that reek to the high heavens, an olfactory assault if you like - hideous! I am currently trying to train my son in the art of subtle application of cologne, rather than stepping out smelling like a tarts boudoir! I'm not winning sadly. :eusa_doh:

have his friends tease him about it. he might listen then lol

HepKitty

One Too Many
Hmmm. I don't suppose that telling him that he's wearing enough cologne to choke an elephant would help either, would it? What would he do if girls told him that? Everyone knows that teenagers don't bother listening to their parents, they only listen to their friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran