Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colorado area Hat stores??? (Pic)

ablearrow

New in Town
Hello everyone, First post here, but Ive been lurking for a while. Ive been trying to gather a little info on my first Borsalino that I prchased off ebay. I just had to have it, cause it reminded me of the hat my dear grandfather was wearing in a picture from the 40's. Ive been searching for a while, and I finaly found one.

Does anyone know of a quality hat store in the Colroado Springs area that may carry quality hat care products and such? Mabey even a Boraslino dealer?

I know some may cringe a the fact that I plan on wearing this classic, even while hunting and fishing, but I can promise it will be well taken care of. I feel that hats are made to be worn and not displayed only.

I also own an orvis packable felt hat that Ive been using for sometime now. Pretty nice for the price. Does anyone know how to properly roll this hat to maintain its shape when traveling?

Thanks

b8cc_3.jpg

vintage68

Practically Family
I lived in Denver for three years, and if there's a hat shop in the area then I'm not aware of it.

I agree with your sentiment that hats are to be worn. There's a quote I like, not about hats, but living in general: Life is too short not to use the good china every day.

jpdesign

Vendor
there are a couple of custom hatters in Colorado. I am pretty sure there is one in Vail, dont know the name. There is Ofarrels in Durango. I believe they both specialize in Western hats, but worth a shot.

Jimmy

K

kpreed

I have been in Colorado a while now and have not found a good hat shop around here. I get 95% of my hats by mail order, the others are gifts.
I hear there is a Burlington Coat Factory store up in Aurora that has some great deals on hats, but I have not been there yet. Let know what you find please.

ablearrow

New in Town
There is a Burlington in Colorado springs that I'll check out this week. When I get to Tampa in December there are a few Burlingtons down there also. I'll give them a look, as well as some of the old Ybor city shops. Theres GOTTA be a good hat shop in Tampa.

Thanks for all the replys.

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Western clothing stores, such as Sheplers, are good for hat care and supplies.

Burlington Coat Factory in Aurora (I-225 & Miss.) has a good selection of hats. Clothing Connection www.clothingconnectiononline sells Stetsons. Antique stores sometimes have vintage hats at reasonable prices.

Orvis has a store across from Cherry Creek Mall. I've bought several wool felt hats from them. Although they're supposed to be waterproof and "packable" I've not gone out of my way to find out the truth to these claims!

When it comes to finding hat stores and hats in general, the best advice is simply to keep your eyes and ears open. These days you never know where you'll find them. Seems like half the fun is in the hunt :D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I can't tell you a thing about the quality or ability, but my yellow pages produced the name of Greeley Hat Works for both hat sales and hat cleaners/renovators. Might be worth a phone call.... I've also heard very good things about Shepler's, but it is a western store, so it may not be quite what you are after. I hope that helps! Good luck!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I am an visitor to and customer of the Greeley Hatworks (although they moved a few months ago and I haven't been to the new location) and you can trust them with any good quality hat. They do more business in western hats (of course), but they have equipment that's 100 years old and they KNOW hats. I have never been anything but pleased with work they've done on mine...and they've only worked on one western hat of mine. The rest have all been fedoras.

Unfortunately, Denver isn't a town with many hatters (at least I haven't heard of any in the 9 years I've been here). You would think that at least there would be superb western hat stores, but they're mostly interested in selling, not repairing or maintaining hats. The recommendation for Sheplers may be worth investigating, but you're still doing business 60+ miles from Colorado Springs.

Recommendation: I know that when I care about a hat, I take it to the Greeley Hatworks. GREAT people, quality work, fair prices - what more can you ask? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Here's their website: http://www.greeleyhatworks.com/

JCBurns

Familiar Face
I seem to find most of my (vintage) fedoras in antique stores around the metro area. I've taken a couple to the guy at Shepplers off of Orchard to have them cleaned...he did a fair job, and didn't charge too much if I recall. I believe he makes some customs too..nice guy...go in and chat with him. Also, on Broadway north of Hamden, there is Ted's Clothiers who carries Scala brand fedoras. Last time I went in he had a fair collection and mentioned that they were waiting for their "winter shipment". Other than that, I can't seem to find a decent hat shop. I swear I'm gonna open one...if some of these stores in the high-end malls can survive selling nothing but sunglasses or pens then shoot...there should be a market for good Fedoras! Ok, now I'm just gonna be mean and include a link that shows some of my antique store finds. There out there, you just have to find them...and beat the other guy to them! lol Oh and as far as I can tell, the Burlington Coat Factory hats are all wool felt not fur.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=21911

JCBurns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points