Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colour coordination help

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
Hi all. Just to let you know that I got my Fed though last week. It's darker than I was expecting, which is good. From the pictures I'd seen I though it was going to be too light for my liking, but the shade of grey is perfect.

Thanks!

fed.jpg

The Lark

One of the Regulars
Just had a thought.

Buy the hat to match your trench coat and then go visit an op shop to find brown/tan leather jackets. Seriously, brown leather jackets are the easiest thing to find in op shops and they are usually cheap too.

*oh, you bought it already. Still, next time you go for an earthy colored hat remember them op shop jackets.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
DragonJade said:
Hi all. Just to let you know that I got my Fed though last week. It's darker than I was expecting, which is good. From the pictures I'd seen I though it was going to be too light for my liking, but the shade of grey is perfect.

Thanks!

fed.jpg
Nice work DJ!
I think you've found the right solution I can see that going with the trench and of course there are no worries about a black suit :eusa_clap

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
The Lark said:
Just had a thought.

Buy the hat to match your trench coat and then go visit an op shop to find brown/tan leather jackets. Seriously, brown leather jackets are the easiest thing to find in op shops and they are usually cheap too.

*oh, you bought it already. Still, next time you go for an earthy colored hat remember them op shop jackets.

I'm just getting started into hats and I already have something like seven coats and jackets. The last thing I need is to get caught up into getting a leather jacket. lol

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
elvisroe said:
Nice work DJ!
I think you've found the right solution I can see that going with the trench and of course there are no worries about a black suit :eusa_clap

Maybe too light for a black suit, but I might get away with it. It does tend to look like a beacon on my head though. A carbon would look fantastic.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I have about six of the Akubra colors and wear my carbon "Fedora" the most. It was one of my first hats and turned into one of my favorites. It seems to go with almost anything.

Of course, it could simply be that, since I wear it so often, it looks like part of my head by now ...

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not-Bogart13 said:
OH! Some other advice I was given on this very forum about this sort of thing; As long as you coordinate with either the coat or the suit/ jacket, you can't go wrong. Thus, if you must have only one hat for colder weather, coordinate with the coat, because the hat is generally removed with it. But for non-coat weather, you match the jacket. ;) .

That's what I would do. I just tried my gray Borsalino with my tan trench coat in the mirror. It's not that awful, but not good. It gave me kind of a detective look. Instead, I would match the hat to the coat--brown hat with khaki, gray hat with a blue or white or black, like Not-Bogart says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt