Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Combination sizes, what are most common

MrDandy

New in Town
Hello all, looking for some input from the shoe boys. What are the most common combination sizes, like US 10 D/EE or AA/D etc ? Im looking to retrive the american way of using combination width with my shoe brand. and thought I would love some input to what sizes are most common.

Love to hear your thoughts and prayers.

Hello all, looking for some input from the shoe boys. What are the most common combination sizes, like US 10 D/EE or AA/D etc ? Im looking to retrive the american way of using combination width with my shoe brand. and thought I would love some input to what sizes are most common.

Love to hear your thoughts and prayers.
Anecdotal evidence: In my search for used western boots/shoes it seems to me that in my size 10/D is the combo that comes up most often. I am an EE and while not uncommon def less frequent than D.

A & B & single E widths seem to be rare birds.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I’m not sure I understand the question.

If you want a shoe to fit properly, you need to have your foot measured using a brannock at the bare minimum.

I guess you could buy a “wide” fit or “narrow” fit of you want to generalize.

MrDandy

New in Town
I’m not sure I understand the question.

If you want a shoe to fit properly, you need to have your foot measured using a brannock at the bare minimum.

I guess you could buy a “wide” fit or “narrow” fit of you want to generalize.
Well, you see, I have a shoe brand, and onces upon a time width size was a two dimensional varaiable. you had AAA/C, or D/E.. widht size that combines a differant heel size and balls of feet size. AAA/C would be width size AAA on heel and widht size C on balls of feet. This allowed for correct sizing insted of just a general approach to wide vs narrow that you find most common today. More common in USA historically. But not not very common today.

I want to revive it, so i thought I would ask the forum what size combination are most common.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well, you see, I have a shoe brand, and onces upon a time width size was a two dimensional varaiable. you had AAA/C, or D/E.. widht size that combines a differant heel size and balls of feet size. AAA/C would be width size AAA on heel and widht size C on balls of feet. This allowed for correct sizing insted of just a general approach to wide vs narrow that you find most common today. More common in USA historically. But not not very common today.

I want to revive it, so i thought I would ask the forum what size combination are most common.
This would just be confusion in the making.

A=Narrow B-C in-between D= "Normal" or Medium E = Wide F = Extra wide. Often there are multiples of "A" and "E" or "F" but not often on the in-between letters.

Check out sizing with Whites, Nicks and Wesco boots as these are all hand-made, hand lasted in US and they will make any of thier models to your specific foot size.

MrDandy

New in Town
This would just be confusion in the making.

A=Narrow B-C in-between D= "Normal" or Medium E = Wide F = Extra wide. Often there are multiples of "A" and "E" or "F" but not often on the in-between letters.

Check out sizing with Whites, Nicks and Wesco boots as these are all hand-made, hand lasted in US and they will make any of thier models to your specific foot size.
Yes, but these are just a standard plain narrow or plain wide. I have alot of customers that have narrow heel, wide forefoot. I understnad if combination lasts are confusing, but Its a lifesaver if you run narrow on heel/ instep but wide on the toe part. There exist no general last to fit all narrow feet, nor all wide feet. I want to offer individuallity and allow for perfecet fit.

Combnination lasts were a thing of the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran