Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering Making a new Odd Waist-Coat

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
So, I'm really at ease with my inner tailor or something lately, my stitching is looking perfect to me.....I'm considering making myself a waist-coat. I want it to be 7 or 8 buttoned front, curved angled pointed front, with simple besomed hip pockets, high arm-holes, possibly peaked lapels, but more likely notched lapels, single breasted of course, and in either a caramel coloured cotton or woolen flannel, or in the same coloured linen or linen-silk blend if I can locate any for a reasonable price. I honestly have been considering a spittalsfield silk backing if I can find any in the first place, and then find some in an appropriate and complementary bronze family of tones......If not, plain bronze toned silk or bemberg rayon. I want dark brown horn buttons to give just a little bit of character. So, anyone have a pattern in something that would fit a 5'7" tall 33" waisted, 38" chested gentleman? Otherwise, I'll have to make a block pattern. I'm simply not in the mood and too damned busy for that nonsense right now anyway.

So, anyone able to help me in my little project? I also don't want to mess around with extrapolating and interpreting a pattern from a pre-existing waist-coat of mine.

-Sincerely Yrs,

E. A. Everhart.

P.S. I think the new waist-coat will look amazing with my charcoal gray 3 pc peak lapel (sans the original matching vest in exchange of course), my navy blue pin-striped suits, as well as my blazers and sport-coats in the blue family, and also with my brown pin-striped 2 pc suit which I've just acquired! anyhow, thanks for the help in advance everyone! Talk to you soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner