Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cooper, US Wings, & Protocol

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, to give you SOMETHING to 'shoot at', I wear size 44, and got a Large. Perfect fit in both body and sleeve length.[huh]

A medium might be a tad large, but don't quote me on that.;)

Regards! Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
It's a good guide, but what I've found a bit weird is the Chinese contract jackets seem to be a better fit than the Wings standard jacket. I have NO idea why, but that has been my experience with them.

I've owned Large jackets from Wings in the past, and they were always bulky on me. The medium's fit better, but the sleeves were usually to short. This Chinese contract Wings jacket looks and feels almost tailored. Really odd.

Regards! Michaelson

SGB

One of the Regulars
The Wingnut said:
...interesting. Anyone have an idea what the size equivalent of a medium is? I wear a 36. I'd imagine it would be too big.

Note in the ad that it can't be shipped to California............

SGB

Michaelson

One Too Many
Don't they have some weird law about not allowing animal skins coming into the State, or some such nonscence? Something about that rings a bell (or am I just hearing things in my head again?lol )

Regards! Michaelson

SGB

One of the Regulars
Michaelson said:
Don't they have some weird law about not allowing animal skins coming into the State, or some such nonscence? Something about that rings a bell (or am I just hearing things in my head again?lol )

Regards! Michaelson

They must be confused between goat and kangaroo, kangaroo is illegal in CA but goat isn't.

SGB

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
My contribution to all the confusion.

I live near U.S. Wings and had left some biz cards there to drum up some business last summer. This past November I got a commission to paint a jacket that a customer had bought there. I could swear it was a cooper with a U.S. Wings tag sewn over the Cooper tag. The goat skin had the same feel and weight as my own Cooper, and all the details were the same. So I'm thinking Cooper actually does make at least some of their jackets,... maybe just the goat skin in seal brown?.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Michaelson said:

Regards! Michaelson

I'd imagine that would kill a lot of the clothing industry. Can't be true, there are jacket and luggage shops in nearly every mall.

SPAD

New in Town
Who knows what weird law The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia has passed, you probably have to have a certificate of authentivity that the goat was on his or her deathbed and had not been abused or subject to unusal treatment before it's demise. H/H probaly is in another catagory. Do not mention Kangaroo as is is probaly endangered in the suburbs of Los Angeles, having been used in to many Disney movies. Horrors, shame on us. SPAD[huh] lol :D

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
The Wingnut said:
...interesting. Anyone have an idea what the size equivalent of a medium is? I wear a 36. I'd imagine it would be too big.

Here are the messerments of my XL. I usually can wear either a 44 or 46, sort of in between. Maybe this can give you an idea.

DIM.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Michaelson said:
Well, to give you SOMETHING to 'shoot at', I wear size 44, and got a Large. Perfect fit in both body and sleeve length.[huh]

A medium might be a tad large, but don't quote me on that.;)

Regards! Michaelson

Hmmm..I sit the fence as well. 44R in suits, but a bit thick around the middle, so I often end up in the XL range.

Should have the jacket today to try on....let's hope it goes better than my other on-line coat purchase.

griffer

Practically Family
Aaaaaaargh! :rage: :rage: :rage:

I have to vent. I got the XL US Wings jacket today.

It is very roomy, the shoulders are too big by about an inch, but the site, Sportsman's Guide, is out of larges now!!!!

I already promised to get my Dad one, so if he isn't a 2XL, i will have to send him the XL i have! CRAP!.

Orvis overcoat was crap, Indy jacket doesn't fit, and I got a bed delivered today with a HUGE crack all the way across the headboard!

DAMN! DOUBLE DAMN AND TARNATION!!@#$!#@!!@$!@:rage: :rage: :rage:

I just want something to go my way.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
US Wings jackets (the American made ones), like ALL other jackets, are too large on me if I get the size I'm "supposed" to have. I measure 48", and my US Wings Indy jacket is size Large Long, and fits me as well as any jacket I have ever had.

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
griffer said:
Aaaaaaargh! :rage: :rage: :rage:

I have to vent. I got the XL US Wings jacket today.

It is very roomy, the shoulders are too big by about an inch, but the site, Sportsman's Guide, is out of larges now!!!!

I already promised to get my Dad one, so if he isn't a 2XL, i will have to send him the XL i have! CRAP!.

Orvis overcoat was crap, Indy jacket doesn't fit, and I got a bed delivered today with a HUGE crack all the way across the headboard!

DAMN! DOUBLE DAMN AND TARNATION!!@#$!#@!!@$!@:rage: :rage: :rage:

I just want something to go my way.

I hate to hear that the jacket doesn’t fit. I feel I lucked out on the fit of mine. The only real gripe I have about it is that the vent adjustment straps are 2” too short. Mine can’t be adjusted out any more. I did notice at how fast those jackets sold out. Have you looked at US Wings web site to see if they have any L’s left. You can send this one back for a refund.

It does seem as though good and bad events come and go in waves doesn’t it. Maybe next week will be better for ya.

The D.A.

Familiar Face
Just got my jacket

Mine was waiting for me when I got home. I have to admit, I was pretty worried about the size, but I put it on and it fit like a glove! The sleeves might be just a bit long, but for an off-the-rack jacket bought off the Internet I'm not going to complain. I was pleased to find that it has two-piece sleeves, rather than the three-piece ones. A beautiful jacket for the money.

And Griff, before you decide to hate me for my luck with this and the Orvis coat, just let me say that this never happens to me. For once in my life, the Internet shopping gods were smiling down at me, and these strokes of luck will never be repeated. :)

griffer

Practically Family
The D.A. said:
Mine was waiting for me when I got home. I have to admit, I was pretty worried about the size, but I put it on and it fit like a glove! The sleeves might be just a bit long, but for an off-the-rack jacket bought off the Internet I'm not going to complain. I was pleased to find that it has two-piece sleeves, rather than the three-piece ones. A beautiful jacket for the money.

And Griff, before you decide to hate me for my luck with this and the Orvis coat, just let me say that this never happens to me. For once in my life, the Internet shopping gods were smiling down at me, and these strokes of luck will never be repeated. :)

I surrender. Blech.

'I am happy for you', he says through gritted teeth. ;)

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
The D.A. said:

From what I've read the sleeves will ride up a bit as they wrinkle, so give it time it may fit perfect after some break-in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace