Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordova Handmade Caps / Johnny J's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic Cap Johnny !
Just beautiful fabric.
Marc truely knows how to wear a fine cap
& what a great outfit as well !

Feraud

Bartender
I have a really stupid question to ask so here goes.. In making a cap, how does one create the head size?
Is it based on the length of the sweatband or is there a block mold as used in fedoras?

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Not a stupid question at all; I have a set of wooden band blocks that helps me with sizing, but you do have to calculate how wide each piece will be from seam to seam to get the right size.

I'm trying this style in an 8 dart so let's see how it comes out. This is an olive green vintage fabric with an interesting weave design and I thought it looked cool. Has an orangeish windowpane too.

4f6fea7d-0dbb-455f-9f69-f43aee183eac_zpsfc5c1e45.jpg

IMG_6148_zps9bbd3139.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
How did you create those folds? Are they ironed or stitched? I am quite curious how this one will turn out. :)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Great. I have a feeling that I can't postpone buying one of your caps much longer. The difficult thing will be to decide on a style. It was easier when you were making eight dart caps only. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR