Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cossack leather or Aero Bootlegger

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Does anyone here on the forum have one of Aero's bootlegger jackets?

What hide combo and what size?

Likes, dislikes?

I am seriously considering having one of the made because I have some NOS Talon zippers laying around that need a home.

Jerome

gimmesomeshelte

Familiar Face
Hello-

I've owned both a Cossack and a Bootlegger. Between the two, I prefer the Bootlegger. I like the double-breasted look of the bootlegger, as well as the wider sleeve opening (if you're a suburbanite who spends a lot of time in a car, the wider openings allow you to reach more easily.)

In either case, I would highly recommend getting the bi-swing back - it makes the jacket much more comfortable.

Paul Vickerman

PS. I'm going to be putting my Bootlegger up for sale in the next couple of days (oil pull mid weight HH, 44 long, grant tartan lining).

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Re: Bootlegger

Thanks for you input Paul.

I do prefer the bootlegger in styling. But in a russet a-2 Real Deal hide perhaps?
There is another super cool styling jacket on the LostWorlds website. The personal collection of the owners .A Northeastern Flying Togs civilian jacket with a 101st photo recon squadron patch which is along the same lines and very cool.
The 44 long I know wouldn't fit .Normally I take a 42 or 40 in an Aero A-2 with a half inch off the sleeve.
Ill be looking for it though.
Thanks,
Jerome

gimmesomeshelte

Familiar Face
Jerome-

Check out the brown mid-weight FQHH Mark had last year. I don't when if/when he'll get another shipment, but IMO, it would be worth waiting for.

Paul Vickerman

Go Bruins!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy