Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coty Cosmetics!

Mary

Practically Family
This was great! Now I'll try to find a homepage that sells the different colours!!

Hat Chick said:
I am very fair and there are two colours that are pale; "Rachel #1" is peachy pale in tone, for rosier complexions than mine, as I've learned... "Naturelle" is more neutral and yet suits my pale almost-but-not-quite olive complexion. One uses so little that if you see the colour you're using too much, so I've been told. There is also "translucent" that I think a lot of gals swear by... If you're a true pale neutral I recommend tracking down some Airspun Naturelle via the Internet. It's my best mattifying tool ever. I use a loose-powder compact that I got on the 'Bay to ensure I have a little bit for touching up, but I rarely resort to it!

Drat!

I'm being a huge chatterbox AGAIN. So what else is new? Please contradicte if I'm wrong or anything like that!

:)

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future". -O. Wilde

cashun

New in Town
Coty Powder

Does anyone know which stores carry Coty Airspun Powder. My grandmother swore by it (and the lipstick too), but I haven't been able to find it in any of the drug stores here in Arkansas.

My grandmother passed away in 2004, and apparently had been hoarding the stuff. Seriously, I found 7 containers of the powder, and am now just running out. She also had a few of tubes of the lipstick. Very red and bright pink colors and the tubes were more narrow and slightly thinner than regualr tubes of lipstick. I used to see the powder in Drug Emporium all the time, but when I went in to purchase some they said they no longer carried it. I went to Walmart which no longer carries it either, and the same with Krogers.

Is Coty powder being discontinued?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's available thru the Walgreens website -- but they don't carry it in any of their stores, apparently. This seems to be the case all around -- I haven't seen it in any store anywhere for about two years.

The "Coty 24" lipsticks got discontinued in the late '90s, which I still haven't recovered from. I loved that stuff.

cashun

New in Town
That's so weird. I had always stayed away from the Coty Powder because of the smell. My grandmother only used that powder her whole entire life. Her skin was the most flawless I have ever seen. But I was too snobby to realize that my grandmother's cheap smelly drugstore powder was way superior to any of the department store brands I used. I didn't discover the true brilliance of Coty until 2004 after she died, and in an effort to feel close to her, used her old makeup. Seriously, this powder is amazing. I have always had problems finding powder and foundation that matched my pale skintone,a nd this stuff did the trick. I also have extremely oily skin and this was the only powder I have found that kept the shine at bay. Plus it made my skin look flawless, and I almost instantly stopped having breakouts.

The lipstick was like pure pigmentation. And matte, but not drying. I wonder why it was discontinued?

I wonder what other great stuff Coty made that I missed out on?

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
CVS usually carries it, sometimes Walgreen's. I use the translucent powder over my foundation sometimes...It is usually hiding at the end of the make up aisle...past the covergirls and revlon's...aaall the way at the end ;)

cashun

New in Town
They don't have CVS here in Little Rock, or apparently in Arkansas. I'd like to purchase it in a store if I can. I hear they have other colors other than the one my grandmother was stockpiling. But, it's good to know that it is still available online if it's not available in the actual stores.

cashun

New in Town
I found the Coty Airspun Powder at Kmart, right in the front of the makeup isle. HOWEVER, the packaging is different, and and the container much much smaller. I remember it used to be a large container of makeup in the classic cardboard container with the powder puffs on the top and bottom. Now it is just like a regular round container of powder in a plastic see-thru container and plastic twist lid that has a few small powder puffs printed on the top with Airspun Powder logo on the lid. Whoever is in charge of packaging and design to should be tarred and feather. My heart just broke a little bit.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Oh jeez. The packaging had been pretty much unchanged since 1935, until now. What it sounds like is that the formula and trademarks got sold to some other manufacturer, who didn't want to be bothered with the traditional packaging.

Seems to me a cardboard box is a lot cheaper than a plastic one, but that obviously didn't occur to them. Fortunately i have dozens of the empties lying around, and can refill them from the new containers.

cashun

New in Town
I hate it when they change a nice looking package.
At least you found the product that's a little comfort, right?

Actually, I don't know. I got two powders, one in the Translucent in Fragrance Free (whick looked a bit darker thru the plasti than the regular Transclucent), and the Naturally Neutral that looked a bit lighter than the Translusent. I wanted to try the Naturalle, but they were out, and I debated about the Muted Beige because it looked less pink than the Transclucent.

I've been wearing the Natural Neutral all day, and I think that the formula seems a bit different. My face is a big oil slick, and I have never had that problem with the Coty powder before.

Has anyone been using this Coty powder that has been in the new packaging? Have you noticed any difference when you wear the powder?

zombi

A-List Customer
My local CVS carries the Coty Airspun powder, too, in all shades.

ETA: I had noticed the new packaging, too. When I bought mine, the store had a few of the old style and the rest were new. The one I have is old style, so I don't know if there's a difference between the powder inside or not. I guess I'll find out.

cashun

New in Town
I do need to mention that even though the packaging is different, apparently the amount of powder is the same, both my old box and new container say that there is 2.3 ounces of powder. So it looks like there is the same amount of powder as usual.

I'm wearing the powder for a second day to see if there is any difference in the wear factor. I'm wearing the Naturally Neutral shade, and put some extra time in my make-up routine this morning. I find the color to be quite a nice fit for my complexion. I've never used this color before, just the Translucent, but I like the color. I put it on using my magnifying mirror over my foundation and concealer. I'll see how it lasts through out the day.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I found mine in CVS as well. Bummer about the new horrid landfill fodder packaging. Looks like I'll be re-using my current cardboard box when it runs out. Hope they've not monkeyed 'round with the contents, too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner