Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coty Cosmetics!

MariantheLibrarian

Familiar Face
I've found that the new powder smells and wears pretty much like the old formula did on my skin. I don't mind the plastic containers-- I buy powder so infrequently that the few leftover containers I have can go to storing other things, like beads, earrings, tiny sewing/knitting tool kits, etc. Same thing I do with Altoids tins.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Here in the Boston area, all of the local CVS, Walgreen's and RiteAid stores carry it. It's my powder of choice and I love it. It too is what my grandmother used.

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Do you have to have oily skin for it to work? I haven't used and sort of foundation, concealer, etc. In so long I thought this would be nice to try but, my skin is dryish :(

ktrex

New in Town
We definitely have it in Michigan. It's in the aisle of most grocery stores by the makeup that has sort of the random, junky makeup in it.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Do you have to have oily skin for it to work? I haven't used and sort of foundation, concealer, etc. In so long I thought this would be nice to try but, my skin is dryish :(

I have really dry patches and i have to say far and away it's the best powder i've used. I just got given the new Guerlain pressed powder compact which doesn't even come close, it was very heavy and emphasised my dry bits. The Coty is light, yet absorbs shine and gives my skin a lovely finish. I'm hooked!

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
I have really dry patches and i have to say far and away it's the best powder i've used. I just got given the new Guerlain pressed powder compact which doesn't even come close, it was very heavy and emphasised my dry bits. The Coty is light, yet absorbs shine and gives my skin a lovely finish. I'm hooked!

Glad to hear you like it! I might just buy it then :)
Did you use the "translucent" shade? The one that doesn't give off any color, just controls shine?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Actually i bought two vintage unopened pots in a junk shop and kept one (so as not to be sacrilegous) and opened the other, it's a pale pink colour but it is actually pretty much translucent when on the skin and gives a nice glow. Unfortunately it is unmarked on the pot as to the colour, if any. I don't think the formulation has changed much over the years. I hope some of the other ladies can give you some advice on the modern Coty.

zombi

A-List Customer
^ that sounds like it's probably translucent. mine is also pale pinkish and doesn't seem to give any colour, just a nice matte appearance.

BettieBombshellBeauty

New in Town
I have such mixed feelings about coty. My grandmother used to use it (has since abandoned makeup...tragic), so even though it would come up as an ashy cast on my skin, i had some emotional ties to it.

Changing the wonderful carboard packaging...ugh. Horrid.

a bit unrealted, but i'm still fumming at coty cosmetics for buying out Sally Henson, and discontinuing the matte, no color cornsilk powder. I find myself dipping into my Pro makeup kit to use a no color matter powder by the brand RCMA. the cornsilk was SO much easier.

For the moment, i can still find it on ebay, but it still chaps my hind parts.

Heather

Practically Family
I recently found the newly repackaged Coty Airspun at CVS. There was one lonely box of the original stuff left which I wish I had picked up. With the rate I'm going through my first box, it would probably give me a lifetime supply. Anyways, I didn't like the look of the new packaging although I thought the little puff they included was cute. I believe they used to do this with the original product? However what really turned me off was I found that it smelled NOTHING like L'Origan. That really saddened me....thats part of the appeal for me. Oh well...at least I still have the perfume. (Almost on my second bottle. It's become an "everyday" perfume for me so I hope they don't reformulate that, too!)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I keep at least 2 unopened packages of Coty Airspun (I use translucent and translucent extra coverage) in backup stock in my makeup case at any given time, not counting the one I'm using. :lol: I live in constant fear that it'll be discontinued! I have a few old cardboard empties, but I must admit that I find the plastic packaging to be much nicer to use and less messy.

I buy mine at Walgreen's.

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
I have a few old cardboard empties, but I must admit that I find the plastic packaging to be much nicer to use and less messy.
It figures that this morning when I opened mine powder went everywhere in my makeup drawer! One of my boys had been digging around in to looking for a safety pin. I think I will start using my new version container now and refill it with the old one was needed.

AshleyS

New in Town
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy