Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy\Western "Jewel" Belt

ChuckO

New in Town
I had this cowboy\western belt as a kid. It was black leather and had small white leather areas with colored jewels (red,green,blue) on them. Does that sound familiar to anyone and if so do you know the name of the style? I had seen an adult version a few years ago at a tack shop but now I can't track it down.

ehappy

Familiar Face
Does it look anything similar to this?

c803_1.JPG

If so you might go to google or ebay and search

vintage jewel studded belt

ehappy

Familiar Face
Nope, not mine...I just happened to find it via an eBay search.

The seller doesn't have very good feedback so I couldn't recommend buying from him/her...but there is another brown/black one listed by a different seller with better feedback.

ehappy

Familiar Face
This one?

PS to post a pic, obtain the image source by right clicking on the image and then highlight+copy the URL address of the image.

When you go to create a post on this forum, there is a little picture icon with mountains in it right at the top of where you're typing. Click on that, then paste the URL that you copied earlier into the box that pops up. Easy, peasy!

8b28_1.JPG

ChuckO

New in Town
Yup, that's it. That's very close to what I was looking for except in black leather and without the metal studs around the jewel area.

It's amazing but I can't find anyone who makes those new. I've seen a picture of a guy in Japan wearing one so I'm going to try some Japanese sights.

Are you a clothes horse or in the clothes business? You don't see many ladies around here.

Thanks also for the how to on pics!

ehappy

Familiar Face
lol Chucko to refer to me as a clothes horse would be the understatement of the year! :p

Yes, not only do I collect clothes for myself, I'm also in the biz and I have fun trying to find things for people. I'm always shopping so if I run into a belt like ^^^^ I'll be sure to let you know. What size are you looking for?

ChuckO

New in Town
Is Kansas a good place for a clothes horse? I'm in Connecticut and except that it's close to NYC and Boston it's pretty boring here.

Probably a great place for western wear, huh?

I'm looking for a 36 inch.

ehappy

Familiar Face
You know, as much as I try to find western wear, I don't.

I find a lot squaredancey type of stuff...but not so much western wear. :(

In my experience, people around here have very eclectic tastes - seems like I find a little bit of everything, every style from 30's to 80's...but then again, I'm always on the lookout lol.

ChuckO

New in Town
Boy, I keep talking to people from different places that I have preconceptions about and I keep having them blown away. Thank God for the internet.

I checked out your ebay page, very cool.

ChuckO

New in Town
sub2-s.jpg

Let's see if I figured out the insert image. I found this on a japanese sight. Very close.

Now I don't know if a 42 year old (straight) man can get away with wearing it.

Jeez, I think they want $550 for that!

ChuckO

New in Town
It's amazing how expensive Japanese stuff is. I don't mind over-paying but that's demented. I think I'll keep looking. I'd make my own before I paid that. I think that version (the double pin) is $600 and the single is $550.

Edward

Bartender
ChuckO said:
It's amazing how expensive Japanese stuff is. I don't mind over-paying but that's demented. I think I'll keep looking. I'd make my own before I paid that. I think that version (the double pin) is $600 and the single is $550.

I see that too. Someone - Rufus, I think - pointed out on a jacket realted thread that in Japan a big part of the cachet of vintage and vintage repro is paying a big price for it (and everyone else knowing you did, of course). Same concept as any designer label, I guess - buying into the intangibles of brand, brand image, lifestyle image etc as much as, or more than, the actual item itself. Wouldn' be my bag, but horses for courses and all that.

ChuckO

New in Town
I'm fascinated by the Japanese. I saw something recently that said they don't have large enough houses that they end up spending much on them and so they spend on clothes. They have certain similarities to the English I think. Maybe it's the island living. What do you think Edward?

Edward, I was just told this was the belt style Brando wore in "The Wild Ones".

main.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925